News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

A Few Notes on an Inconvenient Universe, part I

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 28, 2014, 04:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2014, 05:04:57 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 28, 2014, 04:59:39 PM
"But if he can do it by himself, why are we even needed!?"

It's more like "if we can do HIS bit, we don't need HIM", which is awesome.  Go ahead and fire my ass...But if you do, there will be no talk of my returning, because I would rather give Rush Limbaugh his monthly sponge-bath than come into this motherfucker every day, and if I leave I am NEVER COMING BACK.  I may leave ANYWAY, because this place makes me wish that I could catch EBOLA ZAIRE just so I could come in this fucking conference room and HACK UP MY LUNGS ALL OVER YOU PEOPLE, and then we could all HEMMORAGE TO DEATH together as one of those "team-building exercises".  Are you ready for that?  Are you ready for the VERY LAST THING YOU SEE to be an oversized bald bastard horking out his pancreas onto your iPad?  I wish to do SCIENCE on you with MY BARE HANDS.

AND ALSO A PLASMA CUTTER.

:lulz:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

It's more like "if we can do HIS bit, we don't need HIM", which is awesome.  Go ahead and fire my ass...But if you do, there will be no talk of my returning, because I would rather give Rush Limbaugh his monthly sponge-bath than come into this motherfucker every day, and if I leave I am NEVER COMING BACK.  I may leave ANYWAY, because this place makes me wish that I could catch EBOLA ZAIRE just so I could come in this fucking conference room and HACK UP MY LUNGS ALL OVER YOU PEOPLE, and then we could all HEMMORAGE TO DEATH together as one of those "team-building exercises".  Are you ready for that?  Are you ready for the VERY LAST THING YOU SEE to be an oversized bald bastard horking out his pancreas onto your iPad?  I wish to do SCIENCE on you with MY BARE HANDS.

It's worth noting that this was straight-up prophecy.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 09, 2016, 01:39:54 AM

It's worth noting that this was straight-up prophecy.

:eek:

I'm not sure if you mean as your workplace situation or as a literal omen of things to come... the big ebola scare of 2014 didn't even get going until like OCTOBER.

Listen here Holy Man you can't just run around and be dropping prophecies all over the place willie-nilley. It's bad for the continuity. Look what happened with John the Revelator!! Do you WANT to wind up like Ezekiel? HUH!? Flaming wheels Holy Man, WHEELS OF FUCKING FIRE!!!

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?!!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

Then again, he'll have the power to send attack bears.  Which has its perks.

2 Kings 2:24

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LMNO on March 10, 2016, 03:34:00 PM
Then again, he'll have the power to send attack bears.  Which has its perks.

2 Kings 2:24

Quote2 Kings 2:23-24King James Version (KJV)

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

You see once you get the attack bears it must be ASSUMED that God already knew how that was going to go. It's a slippery slope straight to self justifying determinism. God made him bald and supplied the bears, but the little snots CHOSE to be little snots. BUT WAS IT REALLY A FREE CHOICE AT THAT POINT?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Does it matter?  Plenty more where they came from.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2016, 08:15:04 PM
Does it matter?  Plenty more where they came from.

... I'm kinda thinking no. Not really comfortable with it. Kinda feel  :horrormirth: but with very little funny.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl