News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Limited Inge thread: only while stocks last

Started by UB, June 13, 2014, 12:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on June 20, 2014, 02:53:09 AM
Can this stuff be banished from my very serious PSA thread and into some wasteland of fail and irrelevance forever?

That is to say, a rare request for thread split please. I believe there is a very fine LIMITED thread for Inge to exist in.

Done .
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

UB

Within the grip of Err.... some are fucked in the head by a fist of fire.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on June 20, 2014, 02:53:09 AM
Can this stuff be banished from my very serious PSA thread and into some wasteland of fail and irrelevance forever?

That is to say, a rare request for thread split please. I believe there is a very fine LIMITED thread for Inge to exist in.

Minge is just so fascinated with itself that it assumes everyone else must be, as well. It's wrong. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

UB

Pæs

Drake75

Quote from: UB on June 20, 2014, 03:56:19 AM

I've decided to create a new comic book character.
This character exists only as a thought.
When the character is in the head of a person, she can send impulses through her host to make them move.
She exists in the same place as the thoughts, emotions, and senses of the person, and can be spread in the same way thoughts are spread between people.
When spread to another head with thoughts in it, she is born again and anything that may have changed her in the first head will not have affected her in the new head.
I call her Ego.
She believes the first head she appeared in was the head of a long dead primate.
Sometimes she is born in a head that doesn't have other thoughts in it, gets bored, and tries making new ones from all the strange senses flying through the hosts mind.
Sometimes Ego is born into a head that never finds a thought that lets her notice others of herself  existing in other heads, sometimes this means she lives alone forever.

It makes me sad to think one of us does not understand that some Egos see nothing new, exciting, or interesting in one another anymore, and that we may be cursed to existing as neophiliacs.

How would I view that picture? Do you care about how you viewed it through your second set of eyes?

UB

"Texts and descriptions are fine and dandy, but to see [the planet] Uranus for what it is is another thing entirely. Enjoy..."

Beautiful. Potentially explosive regardless of being identified as the third of the gas giants. Compelling rings of 13 (respectfully).

Perception evolves, necessarily, and even if the base ego doesn't change... small measures of influence is planted allowing further potential to develop and will manifest through time, however, sometimes only in the way that change is recognizable in retrospect and upon reflection. *hearts* as *heads*

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Hoopla on June 19, 2014, 09:04:23 PM
Quote from: Regret on June 19, 2014, 08:54:11 PM
:oops: That concept is part of my thought-vocabulary... (sophabulary? Yeah that sounds right.)
I will need to do some self reflection. AGAIN.
Sigh, sentience is a sisyphean task.

What, orgone?
"Energy" as in, an unmeasurable part of your being that can be depleted, supressed, increased etc. etc.
I never really thought about it, kinda embarrasing.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can't see the post, but I assume minge was taking this moment to remind us that it totally has sex, because it's so confident that we care and would like to know about its kinks.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Have I ever mentioned how little I like people with borderline personality disorder?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 20, 2014, 03:18:06 PM
Have I ever mentioned how little I like people with borderline personality disorder?

When it comes right down to it, they're boring.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

UB

Quote from: Drake75/
When the character is in the head of a person, she can send impulses through her host to make them move.
She exists in the same place the thoughts, emotions, and senses of the person, and can be spread in the same way thoughts are spread between people.
When spread to another head with thoughts in it, she is born again and anything that may have changed her in the first head will not have affected her in the new head.
I call her Ego.
She believes the first head she appeared in was the head of a long dead primate.
Sometimes she is born in a head that doesn't have other thoughts in it, gets bored, and tries making new ones from all the strange senses flying through the hosts mind.
Sometimes Ego is born into a head that never finds a thought that lets her notice others of herself  existing in other heads, sometimes this means she lives alone forever.

It makes me sad to think one of us does not understand that some Egos see nothing new, exciting, or interesting in one another anymore, and that we may be cursed to existing as neophiliacs.

How would I view that picture? Do you care about how you viewed it through your second set of eyes?

I really struggled with the term as I couldn't grasp the correlation between the suggested personality disorder and being a neophiliac until google gave me a better understanding of the interpretation.

Neophiliacs bring potential. To some, it may be disregarded and yet to others, as I am guilty of, to sense some such familiar presence(s) within the minds of others and suggest that they are fucked in the head. Its rude in retrospect and it has forced further recognition on basic values. While I can directly relate to the term in the way that I thrive with intellectual curiosity, I genuinely cringe and mourn over spending money or excessive wastefulness.

I suppose to sometimes look in the mirror and not usually recognize my own appearance or to study life long partners with new wonder may very well seem to represent a mental disturbance and/or personality disorder, however, just as you mentioned, there are those that never do and they seem damned to me.

One of the most difficult realizations has been that such allows the potential for a stifling stagnancy that be more detrimental than any destructive force of change that may accur. Better understanding Individual perception is an undeniable key in the important beneficial balances coupled with the necessary hindrances, accordingly.

Im still reading...      http://brainimmune.com/novelty-seeking-the-adventurous-neophiliacs-and-well-being/

*excited* for you to share more about your character as she develops.   *hearts* as *heads*

hooplala

Quote from: UB on June 20, 2014, 06:09:58 PM
Quote from: Drake75/
She exists in the same place the thoughts, emotions, and senses of the person, and can be spread in the same way thoughts are spread between people.
I call her Ego.

Yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda.

Yadda yadda yadda.  Yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda.  Yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda.

Yadda yadda yadda  yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda.

Yadda yadda yadda  yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda, yadda.

Yadda yadda yadda...      http://brainimmune.com/novelty-seeking-the-adventurous-neophiliacs-and-well-being/

*Yadda*  yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda.   *yadda* yadda *yadda*

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

UB

Is this the Hoopla thread, as well?

She'esh.

hooplala

Quote from: UB on June 20, 2014, 06:17:35 PM
Is this the Hoopla thread, as well?

She'esh.

Every thread is the Hoopla thread, you poor deluded fool.  But, I was just trying to give you some helpful advice... if nothing else, I am a helpful motherfucker.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman