News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Historia Discordia

Started by Cramulus, June 17, 2014, 07:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMIX

The contents are awesome but sadly the paper is truly awful - unless you are looking for something to wipe your arse with

I breathed on it and it puckered up

edit: Removed unhelpful edit
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cramulus

MMIX

Quote from: Cramulus on June 29, 2014, 01:14:40 PM
huh?

The cheap paper or the unhelpful edit
or maybe something entirely different???
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

East Coast Hustle

I just wanted to pop in here to point out that Gorightly seems to actually be just another two-bit asshole and fuck giving that guy money for some shit he didn't even write.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Faust

I don't think so. I bought the book, I'm reading it and it seems pretty well researched and it's not just a collection of pieces from the earliest Discorians.

Its not not a cornerstone of historical research, but it's better than anecdotal and it's probably the most in depth account of the early Discordian society which is a nice thing to have for those who care (most dont, but it's interesting to me)
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Junkenstein

Question - How much does it cost and where does the money go?

I'd probably find it quite interesting, from a historical angle if nothing else but I'm very averse to actually paying cash money.

I'm not saying any of those who have bought it to date should scan and upload it for general consumption. I'm just saying I doubt I'll read it unless that occurs.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Faust

Quote from: MMIX on June 29, 2014, 09:21:17 AM
The contents are awesome but sadly the paper is truly awful - unless you are looking for something to wipe your arse with

I had images of brown burlap, the paper is fine... its like text book paper, it's not fancy, but fancy paper is very expensive for printing.

MMIX

Quote from: Faust on July 14, 2014, 02:39:10 PM
Quote from: MMIX on June 29, 2014, 09:21:17 AM

I had images of brown burlap, the paper is fine... its like text book paper, it's not fancy, but fancy paper is very expensive for printing.

I just don't think it will last very long. Which is kind of sad for a book. I  am kind of conflicted really because if it had been printed on paper which didn't pucker up with the humidity of a hand then it would probably have seemed to be too expensive to buy.

ALSO: I agree with your brief review 100%

LMNO

It's probably the same paper quality as the et cetera was.  Which isn't bad, but it's already starting to yellow a bit.

[shameless plug]
THE CHAO TE CHING, ON THE OTHER HAND, HAS WONDERFUL PAPER STOCK.  IT'S PAGES ARE STILL AS PRISTINE AS WHEN RECIEVED.  ORDER YOURS TODAY! 
http://www.lulu.com/shop/omar-khayyam-ravenhurst/the-chao-te-ching/paperback/product-18759432.html
ALL PROCEEDS GO TO FUNDING PD.COM.
[/shameless plug]

Faust

Bought that too, I should have ages ago, I've no excuse.

MMIX

Quote from: Faust on July 14, 2014, 03:37:05 PM
Bought that too, I should have ages ago, I've no excuse.
Well my excuse for the longest time was that I couldn't find the european version and I was damned if I was going to pay more for shipping than for the book itself, no matter how good the book. And it is very good.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 14, 2014, 12:28:44 PM
Question - How much does it cost and where does the money go?

I'd probably find it quite interesting, from a historical angle if nothing else but I'm very averse to actually paying cash money.

I'm not saying any of those who have bought it to date should scan and upload it for general consumption. I'm just saying I doubt I'll read it unless that occurs.

Pretty much this. I'll give it an eyeball if it's free but I'm not giving that misogynistic piece of shit any money.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Can some one please link me to where this misogynistic thing is coming from because that's twice today I've seen it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on July 14, 2014, 05:45:18 PM
Can some one please link me to where this misogynistic thing is coming from because that's twice today I've seen it.

On his Facebook wall, and I doubt it's still there.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."