News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

My Girl Friday

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 25, 2014, 02:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

:mittens:

That was awesome!

I visualized the whole thing as a graphic novel as I was reading it, so I'm looking forward to the illustrations/edited PDF.

Also impressed that you're going to be giving it away for free, that's rad.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Chelagoras The Boulder

Yea, also, could this be a series? I notice there's still a bit you could do with these characters and this world. Worlds. whatever.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net (+1 Hidden) and 5 guests on August 01, 2014, 02:51:07 AM
:mittens:

That was awesome!

I visualized the whole thing as a graphic novel as I was reading it, so I'm looking forward to the illustrations/edited PDF.

Also impressed that you're going to be giving it away for free, that's rad.

If I take money for it, it turns into work, and then it adds stress instead of taking it away.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Chelagoras The Lust-Driven Dickwolf on August 01, 2014, 03:39:57 AM
Yea, also, could this be a series? I notice there's still a bit you could do with these characters and this world. Worlds. whatever.

I deliberately left it open for more, yeah.  I still have some ideas worth fleshing out, but I didn't want to take on another huge Goddamn story, because I have some difficulty right now staying focused (ie, The Pit, Life During Wartime).

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Just read the last piece. Man, that is a perfect ending. Love how it tidied everything up while leaving room for more. I love your writing, Roger.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on August 04, 2014, 07:41:04 AM
Just read the last piece. Man, that is a perfect ending. Love how it tidied everything up while leaving room for more. I love your writing, Roger.

:)

LMNO

That was awesome, Roger.  You had me guessing right up until the end.  Can't wait to see it illustrated.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 04, 2014, 02:43:35 PM
That was awesome, Roger.  You had me guessing right up until the end.  Can't wait to see it illustrated.

Kera should have the character portraits done this week, and we're arguing over which action scene gets done.

I'm saying when Jaxx whups on the janitor with the pipe, Kera wants the cathedral, and everyone else is arguing for the hovertank smacking into Dakota.

trix

There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Raz Tech on July 28, 2014, 11:28:43 PM
Hellz yes panzer girls!

This is awesome.

:lulz:  Fickle little fuckwad, aren't you?

Raz Tech

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 16, 2014, 09:06:22 AM
Quote from: Raz Tech on July 28, 2014, 11:28:43 PM
Hellz yes panzer girls!

This is awesome.

:lulz:  Fickle little fuckwad, aren't you?

The quality of ones stories does not directly correlate to the quality of ones self.

aka don't like you, but you weave interesting tales sometimes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Raz Tech on September 16, 2014, 10:05:17 AM
The quality of ones stories does not directly correlate to the quality of ones self.

aka don't like you, but you weave interesting tales sometimes.

I'VE HEARD THIS SONG BEFORE.  Back in the Lauren days.  Only SHE was honest enough to say so up front.

Don't like you, either kid.  So no more tales.  Now scram; go hang out with someone you DO like. I'd hate to stunt your fucking growth.

trix

Hey man I know I'm not alone in not wanting you to flounce.  As someone who's first post here was a huge attack aimed squarely at you, believe me when I tell you that much of what I've learned in my time at PD was learned via PD's Horrible Bastard(tm) coating some Truth in noxious ass-juice and ramming it down my screeching fucking throat.  I've come to respect your perspective more than most, and PD would be worse without you.

I'm not talking about the fiction either, though clearly I'm a fan.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on September 19, 2014, 09:17:51 AM
Hey man I know I'm not alone in not wanting you to flounce.  As someone who's first post here was a huge attack aimed squarely at you, believe me when I tell you that much of what I've learned in my time at PD was learned via PD's Horrible Bastard(tm) coating some Truth in noxious ass-juice and ramming it down my screeching fucking throat.  I've come to respect your perspective more than most, and PD would be worse without you.

Thanks, but that business is all over now, and I'm still here.  I just had to change some assumptions I'd made on what behavior is and is not tolerable.

hooplala

Quote from: trix on September 19, 2014, 09:17:51 AM

I just went back and read your entire introductory thread.  You were a huge douche-nozzle! I'm glad you're feeling better.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman