News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Unlimited Fedora Appreciation Thread

Started by Cramulus, June 26, 2014, 02:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

For some reason, my Net obsession of the week is fedora wearing MRA neckbeard atheist types. Can somebody explain how the fedora somehow became this perfect symbol of like ten different kinds of shitbag?

Bronies and Fedoras are like macaroni and cheese

oops, or Trilbys, whatever

fun fact

BY THE WAY,
You know this guy?

[knowyourmeme link]

that's the grown up Pugsley Addams! (Jerry Messing)

The Good Reverend Roger

Why would you spring some shit like that on me?  You know how I get.

:walken:  :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Fuck it.  I have an ENTIRE WALL of hats.  I'll be that motherfucker wearing a hat that isn't a douchecanoe.

Cramulus

Cramulus

seriously, nothing personal if you do own a fedora. Some people can rock it.

It's just that if you're doing an image search for shitbags, with a lot of groups you can cut right to the core by adding the word "fedora"

"fedora neckbeard"
"fedora atheist"
"fedora mra"
"fedora mlp" (my little pony)

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

I, too, communicate my civility and chivalry by adopting the internet moniker "xBitchFucker69x".

Junkenstein

It's universal shorthand for "I'm a classy guy".

Is there some kind of study linking specific types of hats to types of idiocy? It feels like someone should be getting paid to find this out.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

These people.  :horrormirth:

You know, it occurs to me that one of the unfortunate side-effects of modern medicine and relative safety is that a lot of people who probably should have died of childhood disease, accidents, or beatings, don't.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 26, 2014, 04:00:11 PM

You know, it occurs to me that one of the unfortunate side-effects of modern medicine and relative safety is that a lot of people who probably should have died of childhood disease, accidents, or beatings, don't.

Yeah, but also the people that SHOULDN'T, don't.

Horrible-yet-harmless self-styled "alphas" are a very small price to pay for my daughter's life, for one example.

EK WAFFLR

I tricked my best mate into buying a fedora last year. Hilarity ensued.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 26, 2014, 04:01:45 PM

Horrible-yet-harmless self-styled "alphas" are a very small price to pay for my daughter's life, for one example.

Yes, it's a net gain, for sure. It's impossible to estimate how many brilliant minds and good people were lost to childhood disease and accidents prior to about 100 years ago. But there is also great irony in that many of these Randian jackasses would probably never have survived childhood in their own "ideal" worlds.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 26, 2014, 04:15:21 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 26, 2014, 04:01:45 PM

Yes, it's a net gain, for sure. It's impossible to estimate how many brilliant minds and good people were lost to childhood disease and accidents prior to about 100 years ago. But there is also great irony in that many of these Randian jackasses would probably never have survived childhood in their own "ideal" worlds.

Very much that.   :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think it's also amusing that many of them claim to be realists who promote evidence-based thinking, yet also moan and groan about how wimmin *should* be mating with them.

Nature doesn't give a fuck about "should", bro. Nature only gives a fuck about "is". Therefore, the women and men who are reproducing ARE the most fit to reproduce under the conditions that actually exist. That is how this shit works.