News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

This is how you protest.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., July 04, 2014, 06:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/07/03/328163481/purling-in-anger-arrest-breaks-up-knit-in-at-vermont-utility

QuoteJane Palmer, a diminutive woman in a floral-print dress and a straw hat, was arrested about 30 minutes after the offices closed.

"Palmer was knitting what appeared to be a turquoise scarf, and had knitted about 8 inches of it before Vermont Gas closed at 5 p.m.," VPR's Taylor Dobbs reports.

"It is unclear if she was allowed to continue her knitting at the police station," he adds.

Quote"I was incensed because I feel like they're trying to intimidate and bully people into not protesting," Palmer said, "if you think you're gonna have a record and you're going to have to go to jail or whatever. Law-abiding citizens do not like to be threatened with being arrested."
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

I wonder what pattern she was using for the scarf.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Junkenstein

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/local/vermont/2014/07/02/woman-arrested-knit-protest-pipeline/12118239/

Video of the incident in question. Pretty fucked up that eminent domain is now a viable legal threat by corporations. The way it's being viewed as, to quote the rep - "a practical way to get things done" really doesn't bode well in the long run, at all.

Also, looks like they may be able to throw a counter suit for trespassing so there's certainly potential for more shenanigans here.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 04, 2014, 07:47:58 PM
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/local/vermont/2014/07/02/woman-arrested-knit-protest-pipeline/12118239/

Video of the incident in question. Pretty fucked up that eminent domain is now a viable legal threat by corporations. The way it's being viewed as, to quote the rep - "a practical way to get things done" really doesn't bode well in the long run, at all.

Also, looks like they may be able to throw a counter suit for trespassing so there's certainly potential for more shenanigans here.

Eminent domain has been a viable legal threat for awhile. A whole neighborhood in NJ, I think, was wiped out for condos because the neighborhood was ruled uninhabitable because the houses didn't have attached two car garages. I wish I had kept that link. The shit is being flung faster and more furiously, that's all.