News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

ATTN, ADMIN GROUP (and anyone interested)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 11, 2014, 02:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Count Chocula

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Count Chocula on September 16, 2014, 11:28:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 16, 2014, 09:34:18 PM
:lulz:

Full gamut of emotions today. You might want to get that checked out. Could be the HIV.

You're supposed to wait a few posts before the big reveal.  1/10, for lack of style.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

What's really awesome about this situation is that it has taught me that there ISN'T any correct response to privilege.  It just IS, and there's no sense worrying about it.

So you're at a party.  One of the guests, let's say he's a white male, begins cracking racist and misogynist jokes.
One of the other members of the party (LMNO, in this case), takes him aside and explains that this is inappropriate and not funny.
The guest then ramps it up, more and more loudly screeching the same shit.
One of the hosts asks the guest to leave.  Guest refuses.
Host throws guest out.
Host is now a "white knight", to be mocked by the same person(s) who had spent two and a half years screaming at the host about privilege and how the host was doing it wrong and "a giant has fallen" and all other manner of shit.

Which tells me that everything I was told about dealing with privilege was never sincere.  It was just another control ploy, to be discarded when a better one came along, and that I really didn't learn anything over the last 2.5 years that I didn't already know (with the exception of what Corbet Et Renard had to say).

TL;DR version:  It's crap, and not worth considering, because there is never a right answer.