News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

BREAKING: POEM ON FACEBOOK SUGGESTS GAY COUPLES MAY BE UNSTABLE

Started by Pæs, July 16, 2014, 10:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11294678

Poem on Facebook suggests gay couple first to wed on day of law change have parted less than a year later

New Zealand's first legally married same-sex couple is believed to have split.

Former Football Ferns player Melissa Ray and sales representative Natasha (Tash) Vitali won a ZM Radio competition to have an all-expenses-paid wedding in the Unitarian Church in Ponsonby at 8am on the day same-sex marriage became legal last August.

They went by horse-drawn carriage to a reception at the Cloud on the Auckland waterfront, followed by a honeymoon paid for by Tourism Fiji. But less than a year later, it seems to be all over.

A poem on Ms Vitali's Facebook page yesterday read:

QuoteDrink it down, laugh it off,

Avoid the drama, take chances,

And never have regrets

Because at one point everything you did

Was exactly what you wanted.

There were no photos of Ms Ray on the page, which was later removed after the Herald made inquiries.

Asked to confirm the split, Ms Vitali told a reporter politely: "It's not anyone's business, we'll just leave it at that, but thank you for calling.

"I'm not talking to you about my private life, we got enough coverage when we got married."

Labour MP Louisa Wall, who introduced the same-sex marriage bill and spoke at the wedding, said: "It is inappropriate for me to comment."

Ms Ray, who was 29 at the time of the wedding, heard that she and Ms Vitali, 37, had won the radio competition on the day of the funeral of her mother, Inez Ray, who had died suddenly just a few days before.

Ms Vitali said at the time that she had proposed to Ms Ray a year earlier and they had an engagement party in November 2012, but had not set a date for what would then have been a civil union because of the cost.

"If we were going to do it, it was always going to cost money, so it was something we got around to when we got around to it. It probably would have been next year," she said then.

But she said she jumped at the chance of a free wedding when she saw the radio contest advertised on the Gay NZ website, and the couple decided to go ahead despite Inez Ray's death.

There were 668 same-sex marriages between August and the end of March.

Pæs

Article based on Facebook stalking of totally unfamous persons to determine their relationship status. WE NEED MORE OF THESE.

The Johnny

We must uphold the sanctity of Vegas style one-night stand weddings!!!
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Pæs on July 16, 2014, 10:54:09 PM
Article based on Facebook stalking of totally unfamous persons to determine their relationship status. WE NEED MORE OF THESE.
I was wondering why you posted something i so strongly don't give a fuck about, but now i get you weren't actually interested too.
:facepalm:
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I wonder if news agencies themselves have completely lost the ability to distinguish between news and non-news?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Raz Tech

Probably.  They can hardly be bothered to check their facts nowadays.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Raz Tech on July 17, 2014, 10:10:57 PM
Probably.  They can hardly be bothered to check their facts nowadays.

Which is to say, "None of the 5 corporations that own news outlets have a fact checking department anymore".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Person makes massive life decision after a major stress and trauma event and shit goes bad.

Grass is still green, grief can make for fucked up decision making processes.