News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Introduction thread / "What does discordia mean to you?"

Started by zackli, July 18, 2014, 03:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 01, 2014, 05:06:01 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 31, 2014, 02:20:48 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 31, 2014, 11:34:41 AM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on October 31, 2014, 06:20:21 AM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 30, 2014, 10:40:00 PM
Quote from: Malchus on October 30, 2014, 10:38:15 PM
Using adjectives to describe height is an artificial social construct, part and parcel of a maladptive discourse in a patriarchal misogynistic society.

That sounds like something a short person would say, puny.

WHO YOU CALLIN SHORT, STRETCH???

YOU'RE ORKADIAN, YOU'RE LIKE HALF A FOOT TOO SHORT TO BE CALLED SHORT

Orkadians are on a different scale, really.   They measure how tall they aren't.

OH SNAP!   :argh!:

:hammer:
Molon Lube

Malchus

Quote from: Cain on October 31, 2014, 09:48:51 AM
Quote from: Malchus on October 30, 2014, 10:38:15 PM

We don't say "dwarf".  We say "little planet".

Using adjectives to describe height is an artificial social construct, part and parcel of a maladptive discourse in a patriarchal misogynistic society.

Yeah, well, so is your mother.

My mother was an amazon queen who was burned at the stake by jon swift after she was offended by his offensive essays on height, She was also of irish ancestry and offend by his ideas about what the irish should do with their babies. The moral of the story is not to be offended by anything no matter how offensive it is because fork it. That's why.
anima naturaliter discordia

Doktor Howl

No, the moral is that the Irish are animals and you never turn your fucking back on them, or they stab you with your own silverware.  That they stole.
Molon Lube

Ⅎuᴉzz

The funny thing is, I don't even like apples all that much.
This is not my signature. I told you to stop following me.

Is it still here? Fuck.

Hm.

intelligidiot

To me, Discordia seems to mean "question everything, including the answers your previous questions led you to." But I just read the Principia Discordia and the Black Iron Prison myself, and my head's still in that "new information filling it with fuck" state, so I'll have to rethink this answer at some point.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: intelligidiot on February 24, 2015, 05:13:00 AM
To me, Discordia seems to mean "question everything, including the answers your previous questions led you to." But I just read the Principia Discordia and the Black Iron Prison myself, and my head's still in that "new information filling it with fuck" state, so I'll have to rethink this answer at some point.
Sounds like you are doing quite well, especially the rethinking part.
In the spirit of questioning everything: Question the questions that led to your current answers.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on February 25, 2015, 09:25:39 PM
In the spirit of questioning everything: Question the questions that led to your current answers.

At first realizing you're wrong is uncomfortable... even painful. But if you practice it enough, eventually it starts to feel not only less uncomfortable, but actually empowering. With enough time and diligent practice, you will find that there can be found a certain pleasure in discovering you're wrong, and you may even start seeking out such discoveries avidly, until eventually you become addicted to the feeling and start being wrong all the time, on purpose.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: intelligidiot on February 26, 2015, 01:43:39 AM
Fuck you, I'll never be wrong!

I was once a genius, like you.

But then I took a Nigel to the knee.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 26, 2015, 02:14:26 AM

:lulz:

I got bad, man. Let me tell you. REAL bad. I was so addicted to being wrong the doktors thoughts I would never recover, stood no chance of ever leading a normal life again. I hit rock bottom the day I woke up in a stranger's house with a sore throat, and I knew... even though I couldn't remember... that I'd paid a man to let me come over and take the wrong side of an argument with him all night long. Stumbling out into the sunlight, throat raw from shouting him down because my point was too weak to stand on the merits of its own logic, I knew that I had to quit. I had to give up that sweet, sweet full-body rush of wrongness. So I gave it up. Cold turkey.

At first it was hard... I couldn't walk past a TV showing Fox News or the alternative medicine section in a bookstore without getting hit hard by the cravings. But it got better, bit by bit, and eventually my life started to return to normal. Almost normal. The hardest part about recovery is that now the Doktors say that I have to stay clean, that just one hit could drag me down into a full relapse. There are people who would really love to see that, you know; they try to tempt me. "C'mon, Nigel, you know you want it", they say, trying to make me wrong. But I know how it goes; I know I can't touch the stuff anymore. Wrong: not even once.

You bastards have no idea how lucky you are.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 25, 2015, 11:08:37 PM
Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on February 25, 2015, 09:25:39 PM

At first realizing you're wrong is uncomfortable... even painful. But if you practice it enough, eventually it starts to feel not only less uncomfortable, but actually empowering. With enough time and diligent practice, you will find that there can be found a certain pleasure in [it], and you may even start seeking out such discoveries avidly, until eventually you become addicted to the feeling and start [doing it] all the time, on purpose.

It's just like yoga.  Or anal.

Reginald Ret

At first realizing you're wrong is uncomfortable... even painful. But if you practice it enough, eventually it starts to feel not only less uncomfortable, but actually empowering. With enough time and diligent practice, you will find that there can be found a certain pleasure in discovering you're wrong, and you may even start seeking out such discoveries avidly, until eventually you become addicted to the feeling and start being wrong all the time, on purpose.
I'm getting alot of practice lately!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 26, 2015, 06:30:01 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 26, 2015, 02:14:26 AM

:lulz:

I got bad, man. Let me tell you. REAL bad. I was so addicted to being wrong the doktors thoughts I would never recover, stood no chance of ever leading a normal life again. I hit rock bottom the day I woke up in a stranger's house with a sore throat, and I knew... even though I couldn't remember... that I'd paid a man to let me come over and take the wrong side of an argument with him all night long. Stumbling out into the sunlight, throat raw from shouting him down because my point was too weak to stand on the merits of its own logic, I knew that I had to quit. I had to give up that sweet, sweet full-body rush of wrongness. So I gave it up. Cold turkey.

At first it was hard... I couldn't walk past a TV showing Fox News or the alternative medicine section in a bookstore without getting hit hard by the cravings. But it got better, bit by bit, and eventually my life started to return to normal. Almost normal. The hardest part about recovery is that now the Doktors say that I have to stay clean, that just one hit could drag me down into a full relapse. There are people who would really love to see that, you know; they try to tempt me. "C'mon, Nigel, you know you want it", they say, trying to make me wrong. But I know how it goes; I know I can't touch the stuff anymore. Wrong: not even once.

You bastards have no idea how lucky you are.

:potd:
Molon Lube

Meunster

Quote from: von on July 19, 2014, 02:04:58 AM
>I'm also curious how all of you stumbled upon it.

When I was around 14 or so, a type of flash video called "animutations" were still popular. Because the typical format of animutations is that of seizure-inducing colours and images being flashed about on screen with random 0.01 second long interludes of text thrown in intermittenly, my friend and I would go through animutations frame by frame looking for "subliminal messages" and otherwise just trying to read the text that's too long to see in 0.01 seconds.
One particular video we dissected was Andrew Kepple's (TmsT) "French Erotic Film or Colin Mocrie vs. Jesus H Christ", set to the music of Ome Henk's "opblaaskrokodil".
On one frame we never noticed during full speed play, there was an image of dopefish from commander keen with the word "FNORD" printed under it. We knew TmsT was a fan of Id software games, but decided to play the 5 degrees of wikipedia with Fnord, which lead me to PD.com and reading the book.

>I'll need specific times, dates and places unless you were stoned or drunk.

Probably around 16:00 in 2003 or 2004 in april. I was not drunk or stoned.

>In that case, I'll just settle for whatever days, times and places you feel like saying.

See above

>Circumstances would be nice too, though not too much detail because no one wants to hear your life story unless you say they do.

Hope my post wasn't too life storyish then...

Why use meme arrows outside of the secret club?
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 26, 2015, 11:01:42 AM

At first realizing you're wrong is uncomfortable... even painful. But if you practice it enough, eventually it starts to feel not only less uncomfortable, but actually empowering. With enough time and diligent practice, you will find that there can be found a certain pleasure in [it], and you may even start seeking out such discoveries avidly, until eventually you become addicted to the feeling and start [doing it] all the time, on purpose.

It's just like yoga.  Or anal.

:spittake: