News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Cooperation and Collaboration

Started by Radioactive-Nomad Siing, July 20, 2014, 01:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radioactive-Nomad Siing

Hello PD forums.  I've checked out various posts and have found that just about everything here falls within the scope of my research.  Not only that, but this community does actually give a shit.  My own research into machine learning led into a conceptual framework of cognition.  As I started refining this model of the human mind, I'd begun to reevaluate everything I'd ever known.  This process was immensely beneficial.  Anyhow, besides completing my degree in Computer Science and/or developing the necessary skills to translate my model into code, I've also begun to research Cognitive; Anthropology, Science, and Psychology.  Unfortunately there's not enough time in the day, nor would there be in the next 30 years for me to discover the truth on my own.  The whole purpose of this research would be to design an AI which would be able to exercise creative thought and whatever doesn't necessarily apply to the design of the machine can be shared with the community here as it pertains to the various projects and passions of our forum members. 

Besides building an Artificial intelligence, I'm also interested in building a business to finance the business which I'd ultimately build around a successful AI.  The first one would be a line of non-fiction books.  These books would fall into two different lines.  Learn Skills. Learn Concepts.  With all the talents here and all the diversity and all the passion for knowledge, selecting books viable for publication would really be the biggest challenge.  I'm not well-versed in marketing or business.  I have considered launching a kickstarter to raise seed money, but I know nothing of it, nor do i feel like getting sued for my time and efforts.  Since this would finance the AI these books wouldn't be free, but they would be minimally priced and short in length. Ideal for someone with a mild curiosity and a limited budget to explore topics minus false promises. Just an informative exploration or outlining of skills and training required of a given niche or ability set.  That's pretty much it.  I expect that principles of Microeconomics, namely network externality, would create a healthy residual income for those involved.  I'd like to publish 100 or more books to start with, say 50 in each line.  I know that i need to form an LLC, hire a lawyer, and as the account builds... perhaps a PD publishing house.  A publishing house that could perhaps lay certain memes from the Principia Discordia which are not maladaptive to healthy living, or you know... we can just give them the tools.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?  I'm looking forward to building this.  I want you talented motherfuckers to come along for the ride.

Regards,
KSC Siing

Junkenstein

Well you've said many words which interest me.

Hi New Guy. Say more things and I'd be glad to contribute if/where I can.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: Radioactive-Nomad Siing on July 20, 2014, 01:53:10 PM
this community does actually give a shit

Not about you, it doesn't.  Obviously seeing the ban notice on your other account didn't sufficiently clue you in, but you're not wanted here.

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 20, 2014, 02:28:04 PM

It's not a new guy.  It's Pope Lecherous, trying to make you forget his spam/racism/PUA apologia/Neocon ravings by having a new account. Not banning this one must've been an oversight, which has since been corrected.

Q. G. Pennyworth

UGH, now I have incurable AI blueballs :(

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Junkenstein

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 20, 2014, 02:28:04 PM

In light of new information, revise the above to "Fuck off".
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pæs

Great, now I have to instantly hate and mistrust anyone who comes in all "LET'S DO PROJECTS TOGETHER".

Fuck you, PL.