News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

The Death of the Vampire Trope

Started by BadBeast, July 26, 2014, 08:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BadBeast on December 28, 2014, 08:22:56 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 28, 2014, 07:45:04 PM
That was a lot of tl;dr some-other-forum's-boring-drama to wade through just to have a legitimate question bizarrely dismissed.
Sorry, did you ask me a question? I must have missed that.

Probably not, I typically only try to communicate with sapient beings.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

That's cool, sapient, been a really long time since I heard that one.  First thing I thought of was /sentient/, now I'm just basking in the difference between them.  Made my day.

BadBeast

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 01, 2015, 10:53:51 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on December 28, 2014, 08:22:56 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 28, 2014, 07:45:04 PM
That was a lot of tl;dr some-other-forum's-boring-drama to wade through just to have a legitimate question bizarrely dismissed.
Sorry, did you ask me a question? I must have missed that.

Probably not, I typically only try to communicate with sapient beings.
So in light of your oversight to actually ask the question in question, my dismissal of it wasn't really that bizarre at all, was it? In fact, it wasn't even a dismissal. If I added too much detail for you to comfortably wade through, it was only to help you try and grasp the setting and context that for the sake of brevity, I originally omitted to expand upon. Typically, I try to communicate in a way that doesn't provoke the reader into an unexpectedly taxing level of engagement. Mostly because I know people find it tedious to wade through the disproportionate levels of bombastic pedantry I sometimes enjoy inflicting on people whom I feel might appreciate the effort.

I am after all, a creature of indolent and capricious impulse, and I enjoy indulging myself in ways that might perhaps be seen as less than endearing to those whose sense of their own sapience seems (as I'm also aware, my own is) a little bit precocious. Anyway, to offer a less than legitimate answer the question you didn't ask, I'm more of a misanthrope, with perhaps a touch of (not entirely unwarranted) narcissism. I'm certainly not a misogynist. My sense of humour however, often allows me to laugh at the most appallingly inappropriate and offensively taboo subject material. But . . well, you'd have had to have been there, so I won't garnish you with any examples. But if did, they'd be funny as fuck.   
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4