News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

Boris Johnson

Started by Cain, August 07, 2014, 01:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Pretty much.

Though the word "Incompetent" is missing and is highly relevant.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Boris Johnson as PM, just in time for Hillary v. Jeb here in the states. End times motherfuckers.

Junkenstein

Except that it isn't. It's just another unfortunate step forward to another greedy grasping bastard who spouts the most mass-appealing(sounding) policies loud enough to win a pathetically small percentage of a popular vote.

He may very well win as a "joke". Which will get old remarkably quickly. I suppose we kind of deserve it for all the years we spent laughing about George "Seriously, I'm mentally deficient" Bush.

Twice.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Guilty until you prove yourself innocent:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28923689

QuoteBritons who travel to "war areas" should be presumed potential terrorists unless they can prove otherwise, Mayor of London Boris Johnson has said.

Writing in his Daily Telegraph column, he called for tougher powers to deal with British extremists who leave the UK to fight in Iraq and Syria.

He said there should be a "presumption" that Britons who go without telling UK authorities have a "terrorist purpose".

Quote...Mr Johnson wrote: "The law needs a swift and minor change so that there is a 'rebuttable presumption' (which shifts the burden of proof on to the defendant) that all those visiting war areas without notifying the authorities have done so for a terrorist purpose."

So if you were say, a journalist, and didn't notify the government of your forthcoming trip (and doubtless gain approval and agree to submit any all info gathered for review) you're now a terrorist suitable for black bagging.

In the age where everyone with a camera phone and internet access can potentially claim to be a journalist, this is somewhat problematic.

But the policy sounds good. Obviously anyone who goes to such a place couldn't be for jounalistic or humanitarian reasons, this kind of thing is only done by evil terrorists. Naturally there's no real consideration for anyone who is already in such a place doing such things.

It's things like this that give me the shits. Obviously I'm just being stupid and paranoid again, it's not like there's jails to fill or anything.

Cain

There's also the collective punishment policy that some in government are pushing.  Basically, families of ISIS fighters should have all their benefits stripped.  Because what if they are secretly funding ISIS with our taxpayer monies?!?!?!?!?!

Because, you know, the richest terrorist organisation in history really needs that extra £50 a week.  And of course, all of the families knew and approved of their joining of ISIS, and certainly weren't lied to or duped in any way whatsoever.

Johnson's jumping on a bandwagon here.  A bandwagon headed towards stupidtown.  I'm concerned about ISIS fighters returning and creating havoc in the UK...but the stats say most of the "foreign fighters" are jihad tourists, not hardcore desert warriors.  They'll tour the front lines, get some grisly photos, wave a few guns around and then return home and regale other idiots with their stories of jihad badassitude. 

Furthermore, a good majority of the hardcore wont return and wont be permitted to return if they try.

The only thing that worries me is that while Australia and Belgium moved immediately to suspend the passports of ISIS fighters, the UK has not.  Which makes me wonder if someone is planning a double-game.  It's not like we've never had use for Middle Eastern extremists before now, turning them into informants or allowing them to recruit and deploy to warzones where they represent UK interests.

Junkenstein

Using these chaps as informants is nigh on certain, the question there is whether they're complicit or not. It's reasonable to assume that all possible communication channels used by them are being monitored so it's really about how the intelligence services want to play it on their return. I see more potential in letting a couple get back here and monitoring them to assist in grabbing converts to the cause prior to departure.

This is assuming any get back and don't get themselves killed. I would assume that to be the likely fate for many.

The collective punishment angle has been coming for a while with other things. It's not surprising to see it here, but it is as always, quite disappointing. Like this idea, it sounds good to a certain kind of (Daily Heil) mindset, but the reality is that it can only punish the innocent and uninvolved. Which will of course not lead to any resentment or kindle feelings of revenge, at all.

The really strange thing about collective punishment is the idea that it will only punish the targeted family. You would have thought with the current state of race relations that someone would consider the potential impact on the wider community. Obviously if they don't fully support it they're terrorists too, right?

Junkenstein

Oh shit:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28935394

QuoteBoris Johnson is seeking to become MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip, in west London, at next year's general election.

The London mayor's spokesman confirmed Mr Johnson is applying to be the Conservative candidate in the safe seat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uxbridge_and_South_Ruislip_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

Quoteconsidered a safe seat for the Conservative Party; the Conservative Party won the most recent election by a margin of 25%, and the last thirteen parliamentary elections in this constituency and its predecessor (the constituency of Uxbridge) were won by the Conservatives.

QuoteWorkless claimants, registered jobseekers, were in November 2012 significantly lower than the national average of 3.8%, at 2.6% of the population based on a statistical compilation by The Guardian

This how it begins. Popular idiot launched into a safe seat ensuring MP status and the hilarity can really start.

Behold, modern UK politics. Smiling clowns placed into positions of power by smiling clowns already in power. Electioneering at it's finest. It would be nice, just for one election, to have everyone in safe regions just say "fuck it" and all vote green.