Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on August 26, 2014, 06:53:41 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2014, 06:46:52 PM
Quote from: Alty on August 26, 2014, 06:29:59 PM
It's always amusing to me just how badly people will defend use of the word fag or faggot. They can shorten it, they can say it doesn't mean gay people, they can blah blah blah. Even if they're not homophobes, they're still dumbasses. I can't understand the obsession.

They're trying to be edgy.  And then trying to explain it.

Which is kinda funny.

The explanations are what get me. They're so, so very terrible. Like most of the arguments over there. I would blame it on format, character limitations, except that's bullshit. It's just dumbassery.

This is why I haven't bothered with FB discordianism of any stripe in a while.  TDS is racism, misogyny, and Gay bashing.  TDS2014 has turned into woo since Cram stopped bothering with it.  None of them have anything to say.  So they say it loud, over and over again.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

I have a date with a gay conservative. These days I don't really mind provided he can A) talk about other things B) be willing to concede a valid point and C) not be a teabagger.

This should be interesting. Though, I tell you, I would rather spend time with a reasonable person with questionable politics than an idiot who agrees with liberal talking point but doesn't know fuck about shit.

That's a problem with hardcore leftists, IMO. They rest assured in the benevolence of their well worn views. They rest and rest and don't actually want to talk about the bad things and how their elected officials carry them out.

Buuhhhh, we're the good guys hurrrrr.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2014, 06:57:06 PM
It's always amusing to me just how badly people will defend use of the word fag or faggot. They can shorten it, they can say it doesn't mean gay people, they can blah blah blah. Even if they're not homophobes, they're still dumbasses. I can't understand the obsession.

Which is kinda funny.

The explanations are what get me. They're so, so very terrible. Like most of the arguments over there. I would blame it on format, character limitations, except that's bullshit. It's just dumbassery.

This is why I haven't bothered with FB discordianism of any stripe in a while.  TDS is racism, misogyny, and Gay bashing.  TDS2014 has turned into woo since Cram stopped bothering with it.  None of them have anything to say.  So they say it loud, over and over again.

Do you suppose that's the formatting? Super easy so why bother thinking? I am glad these people find their way to Discordianism. It'll dissuade others from wanting in. Keep the riff raff in a very particular spot.

When my son is old enough to understand The Holy, these fuckers will be a good lesson in Doin' it Wrong.

The Good Reverend Roger

So, we managed to grind our product so that every grain is within a tenth of a micron in size with every other micron.  By which I mean, in 10 tons of powder, no two granules are more than a half micron apart in size.

I realize that this probably won't mean much to people who aren't in this business, but it's sort of like dropping a handful of quarters and having them all land on their edge and stay there...And then being able to do it whenever you want.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on August 26, 2014, 07:00:02 PM
I have a date with a gay conservative. These days I don't really mind provided he can A) talk about other things B) be willing to concede a valid point and C) not be a teabagger.

This should be interesting. Though, I tell you, I would rather spend time with a reasonable person with questionable politics than an idiot who agrees with liberal talking point but doesn't know fuck about shit.

That's a problem with hardcore leftists, IMO. They rest assured in the benevolence of their well worn views. They rest and rest and don't actually want to talk about the bad things and how their elected officials carry them out.

Hardcore ANYTHING = DERP.

Salty

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2014, 07:03:39 PM
So, we managed to grind our product so that every grain is within a tenth of a micron in size with every other micron.  By which I mean, in 10 tons of powder, no two granules are more than a half micron apart in size.

I realize that this probably won't mean much to people who aren't in this business, but it's sort of like dropping a handful of quarters and having them all land on their edge and stay there...And then being able to do it whenever you want.

What is the purpose of this, beyond showing up GAWD.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on August 26, 2014, 07:01:49 PM

Which is kinda funny.

Do you suppose that's the formatting? Super easy so why bother thinking? I am glad these people find their way to Discordianism. It'll dissuade others from wanting in. Keep the riff raff in a very particular spot.

When my son is old enough to understand The Holy, these fuckers will be a good lesson in Doin' it Wrong.

Facebook is basically the new Usenet.  Vast numbers of people, and they tend to form "taste tribes".  TDS is an example of this.  Like-minded people find each other and then crowd under the fart blanket.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on August 26, 2014, 07:04:58 PM

Depending on what you're doing with our product, you either want a bell curve of particle size (for high density applications) or uniform size (flowability).  The first is good for sapphire, made economically, the second is good for processes prone to plugging up (ie, specialty stuff like flexible sapphire, etc).

Salty

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2014, 07:05:46 PM

Which is kinda funny.

Facebook is basically the new Usenet.  Vast numbers of people, and they tend to form "taste tribes".  TDS is an example of this.  Like-minded people find each other and then crowd under the fart blanket.

Surely, there must be a way to leave a fart under that blanket that makes them all puke.

Metaphorically, or otherwise.

Man...just imagine how awesome it'll be when we can send smells through the internets.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on August 26, 2014, 07:08:26 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2014, 07:05:46 PM

Which is kinda funny.

Surely, there must be a way to leave a fart under that blanket that makes them all puke.

Metaphorically, or otherwise.

Man...just imagine how awesome it'll be when we can send smells through the internets.

On that day, I will switch to a 100% Indian diet.

Cain

Is he Andrew Sullivan?  Are you going to retroactively abort Trig Palin on a death panel together?

Salty

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2014, 07:09:27 PM

Is he Andrew Sullivan?  Are you going to retroactively abort Trig Palin on a death panel together?

That would be an amazing first date. And he does have a lovely beard...

But he's a Roman Catholic, which means he wouldn't have an abortion himself, which means I wouldn't not bang him.

Salty

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2014, 07:07:50 PM

Depending on what you're doing with our product, you either want a bell curve of particle size (for high density applications) or uniform size (flowability).  The first is good for sapphire, made economically, the second is good for processes prone to plugging up (ie, specialty stuff like flexible sapphire, etc).

Hmmm, sounds hot!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on August 26, 2014, 07:12:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2014, 07:07:50 PM

Hmmm, sounds hot!

What's hot is how we do it.   :lulz:  Also, the new steam jet mill grinds the stuff in mid-air, suspended in a chamber and kept aloft by 1500 PSI of super-heated steam. 

Which is totally The Future.  The cool future.

What could go wrong?  :whack:

Salty

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2014, 07:09:27 PM

Also, kinda funny as we have two people named Sullivan running for office this fine election season. Both of them are pigfuckers. Neither is gay...

...as far as we know.