News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Well I was going to suggest slaving a series of segways together for each book but that seemed somewhat costly.

I hear you've got plenty of kids over there looking for work experience. Take on an intern. That's got to be the best way. Hell, you could take on a few and get yourself a sedan chair.

This is pretty much why I tend to abstain from open bar threads.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 03, 2014, 03:32:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 03, 2014, 03:31:28 PM
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Now THAT's the kind of unsolicited impractical advice I can get behind.

I need to start doing that to everyone.

You seriously should, because so many people do it with absolute sincerity that it would be hilarious.

Facebook is the worst. I always forget that if I ever complain about anything, or even simply comment on something mundane, generally at least 5 people (most of whom don't even really know me and know nothing about the larger context of my complaint) will offer the most infuriatingly inapplicable advice, usually in the format "why don't you just...?" and then fifteen minutes later I realize that I'm in a conversation where I'm explaining minute details of my life that nobody cares about and are nobody's business to near-strangers.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 03, 2014, 03:40:34 PM
Well I was going to suggest slaving a series of segways together for each book but that seemed somewhat costly.

I hear you've got plenty of kids over there looking for work experience. Take on an intern. That's got to be the best way. Hell, you could take on a few and get yourself a sedan chair.

This is pretty much why I tend to abstain from open bar threads.

There, there. I know you meant well.  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 03, 2014, 03:43:33 PM

You seriously should, because so many people do it with absolute sincerity that it would be hilarious.

Facebook is the worst. I always forget that if I ever complain about anything, or even simply comment on something mundane, generally at least 5 people (most of whom don't even really know me and know nothing about the larger context of my complaint) will offer the most infuriatingly inapplicable advice, usually in the format "why don't you just...?" and then fifteen minutes later I realize that I'm in a conversation where I'm explaining minute details of my life that nobody cares about and are nobody's business to near-strangers.

I think we need to gin up two absolutely absurd tales of woe that have no real answer.  Then you and I should each post one and compare the results.  My hypothesis is that you, being female, will receive WAY more stupid/condescending advice.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Nigel, why don't you just memorize all your textbooks?  Sheesh, make an effort, why don't ya.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"Aw, it started raining, I guess I'm not going to the beach this weekend after all"

"Why don't you just get a raincoat and go anyway?"

"Why not go to the beach and have a picnic in your car?"

"Is it still warm enough to go swimming? If you're going to be getting wet anyway you might as well"

"Why can't you go to the museum again... you can look at beach paintings there?"

"Have you thought about getting an umbrella?"

"The beach is still nice when it's raining, why not just go anyway?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 03, 2014, 03:45:33 PM

I think we need to gin up two absolutely absurd tales of woe that have no real answer.  Then you and I should each post one and compare the results.  My hypothesis is that you, being female, will receive WAY more stupid/condescending advice.

:lulz: I love this idea.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 03, 2014, 03:49:49 PM
"Aw, it started raining, I guess I'm not going to the beach this weekend after all"

"Why don't you just get a raincoat and go anyway?"

"Why not go to the beach and have a picnic in your car?"

"Is it still warm enough to go swimming? If you're going to be getting wet anyway you might as well"

"Why can't you go to the museum again... you can look at beach paintings there?"

"Have you thought about getting an umbrella?"

"The beach is still nice when it's raining, why not just go anyway?"

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 03, 2014, 03:50:30 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 03, 2014, 03:45:33 PM

:lulz: I love this idea.

I say we invent each other's problems.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 03, 2014, 03:46:30 PM
Nigel, why don't you just memorize all your textbooks?  Sheesh, make an effort, why don't ya.

:lol: I'm working on it, but it will take me approximately three months.

Suu

Today's new conspiracy theory on the internet:

When Ebola goes epidemic in the US because it's going to mutate and go airborne, Obama and all the politicians have a hidden city in the mountain. Food trucks are going there right now.

:?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Suu on October 03, 2014, 05:42:12 PM

When Ebola goes epidemic in the US because it's going to mutate and go airborne, Obama and all the politicians have a hidden city in the mountain. Food trucks are going there right now.

Weren't you just saying that politics don't make you crazy?   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Cain

Well, to be fair, they do have a hidden city in the mountain.  It's called the Cheyenne Mountain Nuclear Bunker.

However, it's hardly a secret, as it was the setting for Stargate-SG1 for eleventy billion seasons of airtime.  Once again, conspiracy theorists have rediscovered the wheel, and are insisting anyone who does not recognise their genuis in rediscovering the wheel are secret government shills.

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 03, 2014, 05:46:24 PM
Quote from: The Suu on October 03, 2014, 05:42:12 PM

Weren't you just saying that politics don't make you crazy?   :lulz:

I've decided I need to take a long break from Facebook, especially comment reading. It's making me believe that this entire state is full of conspiracy theorists. Bad. Hence all the cat pictures. Seriously, New Hampshire, I thought you were going to be smarter than this.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman