TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 16, 2014, 07:28:24 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 16, 2014, 06:12:49 PM
So, is it WRONG to go to "prepper"1 pages and try to whip them into greater frenzies about ebola?  I am told this makes me a bad person, but these folks ARE fear junkies, so I figure it's a public service.

1 "Prepper" is what survivalists and gold bugs call themselves now.

Yes.  But only because you're missing out on a perfect opportunity to purposefully confuse "prepper" with "preppy" and troll them with endless talk about whether Harvard is better than MIT for your course and if the Ralph Lauren autumn collection is actually better than Brooks Brothers.

While talking about ebola.

:lulz:

And THAT, ladies & gentlemen, is why we call Cain "The Chairman of the Board".

Molon Lube

trix

if you go for that troll you should post some quotes on here!
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So, is it WRONG to go to "prepper"1 pages and try to whip them into greater frenzies about ebola?  I am told this makes me a bad person, but these folks ARE fear junkies, so I figure it's a public service.

If its wrong, I never want you to be right.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 16, 2014, 07:28:24 PM

Yes.  But only because you're missing out on a perfect opportunity to purposefully confuse "prepper" with "preppy" and troll them with endless talk about whether Harvard is better than MIT for your course and if the Ralph Lauren autumn collection is actually better than Brooks Brothers.

While talking about ebola.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm in the honors commons. The other students who are here right now are all 18-year-olds who live in the honors building.

I feel old.

Doktor Howl

Is it wrong that I've been starting a hoax on FB that John Mayer is doing a Metallica cover album?

Because I've done it on several dozen pages, and the rumor seems to be spreading.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Your Mom on October 16, 2014, 08:57:53 PM
I'm in the honors commons. The other students who are here right now are all 18-year-olds who live in the honors building.

I feel old.

I'm over it.  I realized that I'll be in my LATE FORTIES in 2 weeks, and I just sorta gave up.
Molon Lube

trix

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 16, 2014, 08:59:58 PM
Is it wrong that I've been starting a hoax on FB that John Mayer is doing a Metallica cover album?

Because I've done it on several dozen pages, and the rumor seems to be spreading.

Haha that's totally worth logging into FB for the first time in months to spread!  I just cringe at the amount of FB bs my inbox is about to receive.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yes.

So so deliciously wrong.

:lol:

Raz Tech

I'm going to make a prime time tv show.
It will be called :
Sigmund and Freud - about two bigshot Hollywood psychologists who take on cases involving high-profile lions, tigers, and panthers.  The pilot episode would be about counseling Simba, who in a shocking twist actually wanted to kill Mufasa in order to steal Sarabi from him.

Bonus: When the show starts to get stale, it can (d)evolve into a Lost-esque mystery about how Sigmund and Freud may have been the same person at one point, and eventually they discover that one of them is Sigmund Freud's Superego and the other one is his Id.
They then must decide if they should find a way to merge back together, but aren't sure if they're comfortable.sharing the same corporeal form.
Or maybe they'll fight crime.

Telarus

Quote from: Your Mom on October 16, 2014, 09:14:55 PM

Yes.

So so deliciously wrong.

:spittake:

Oh, that was Dok Howl? Nicely done man.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Telarus on October 17, 2014, 01:32:08 AM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 16, 2014, 09:14:55 PM

Yes.

So so deliciously wrong.

:spittake:

Oh, that was Dok Howl? Nicely done man.

If you troll a thousand times in a year, at least one of them is bound to take off.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Feelin' love for PD tonight.

I may be drinking wine.

Still, loving you all.

Fuck off.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 16, 2014, 09:00:30 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 16, 2014, 08:57:53 PM

I feel old.

I'm over it.  I realized that I'll be in my LATE FORTIES in 2 weeks, and I just sorta gave up.

My old man on the side turned 50 today.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel