News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

The homeopathy one was pulled but...

Started by Trivial, August 11, 2014, 11:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

We can only hope that exposure to chronic illnesses that would be otherwise curable by really real for real medicine has some sterilization effects, and we can move on to the next stage of evolution.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on August 17, 2014, 05:18:12 PM
We can only hope that exposure to chronic illnesses that would be otherwise curable by really real for real medicine has some sterilization effects, and we can move on to the next stage of evolution.

Unfortunately, not usually.

I've seen a few people go down this road, and it generally has no impact on their willingness and ability to reproduce. See a naturopath -> get diagnosed with something that is complete bullshit -> Get put on restricted activity and expensive supplements -> Lose muscle tone and energy -> Continue supplements, get additional bullshit diagnoses -> Start identifying as chronically ill -> continue ad nauseam.

Naturopaths make a lot of money off supplements, and it's in their best interests financially to have patients who aren't thriving. Which is, ironically, exactly what they so frequently accuse mainstream medicine of. I actually don't think most of them do it consciously; they truly believe in the snake oil they're peddling.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Damn it, I thought the whole point of this "humanity" experiment is to get smarter over time.

Reginald Ret

How the hell did this turn into a philosophical discussion of the meaning of life?

Anyway, the meaning of life is obviously adventure.
Adventure requires danger.
Stupid humans are more dangerous than smart ones, especially when they move in packs.
So people are getting stupider because that maximizes adventure.
Q.E.D.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

I think there's a bit of slippage between points 2 and 3.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 18, 2014, 12:26:48 PM
Damn it, I thought the whole point of this "humanity" experiment is to get smarter over time.

No, it's just to keep making primates.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 18, 2014, 02:14:39 PM

Point.

Depressing, depressing point.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 18, 2014, 02:26:19 PM

Point.

People  even educated people - keep assuming that evolution has a goal.  Because it's nice to think that there's someone driving the bus, yanno?

But there isn't.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 18, 2014, 05:28:01 PM

Point.

People  even educated people - keep assuming that evolution has a goal.  Because it's nice to think that there's someone driving the bus, yanno?

But there isn't.

Um... the goal of evolution is my children growing unicorn horns and farting rainbows. OBVIOUSLY.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ on August 18, 2014, 09:28:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 18, 2014, 05:28:01 PM

Point.

But there isn't.

Um... the goal of evolution is my children growing unicorn horns and farting rainbows. OBVIOUSLY.
Hmmmm.... I think that can be arranged. I will need some of your ova, pre=fertilized. A few thousand will do for a start.
Don't worry about the mutagenic compounds, I have a contact for that.  :evil:
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

But if there was, it would be Fred's children having unicorns and farting rainbows.

bugmenоt

Those people are making me sick. They better wear their protective crystal amulet when they meet me on the streets.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

bugmenоt

Quote from: Hoopla on August 19, 2014, 12:20:55 PM
Or else you'll bore them to death?

Boredom comes from inside. They did this to themselves, officer, I swear.