News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Unlimited Ferguson Thread of police state nightmare fuel.

Started by Da6s, August 14, 2014, 07:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

Police with snipers on tanks in bumfuck Missouri town. Journalist for wash po and huff po arrested for working in a McDonald's.

And that's just been this evening. 
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Da6s

Ferguson PD has so far

1 murdered unamarmed teen
2 assaulted peaceful protesters
3 arrested journos
4 teargassed a st senator
5 jailed an alderman
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Da6s

Cain

This is to do with the shooting of black teens by the police force, right?

Interesting, how quickly the police are able to deploy their paramilitary capability when they feel the need to.  A shame they apparently cannot use such overwhelming force to peacefully effect the end-stage of criminal operations.

Da6s

Terrifying.

Unarmed black teen was shot to death. No officers held accountable. No witnesses interviewed. Only social media coverage really save. VICE, huff po, and wash po though that's changed following journalists arrested.

Da6s

Quote"Ferguson chief tells me Lowery and Reilly' (journalists)  arresters were 'probably somebody who didn't know better," tweeted Pearce.

Fuck. This quote pretty much says it. Cops sporting a full military kit are clueless to the laws they're enforcing. SWAT response to a peaceful protest, assuring crowd their right to assemble isn't being impeded by the tear gas and rubber bullets

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Cain on August 14, 2014, 07:16:26 AM

Interesting, how quickly the police are able to deploy their paramilitary capability when they feel the need to.  A shame they apparently cannot use such overwhelming force to peacefully effect the end-stage of criminal operations.

Some shitty little suburb in one of the poorer states in the union can just call up this kind of operation at the snap of a finger. That's...comforting.

Imagine if there were a network of protesters that could be called up with that level of efficiency.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Junkenstein

Your search and seizure dollars at work!

What's the point in Bumfuck nowhere being able to afford tanks and shit unless they get to use them occasionally? Seriously, I bet that's the reason half that shit got rolled out there.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

Boy, I'm really glad we're winning that War of on Terror.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 14, 2014, 02:33:45 PM
Your search and seizure dollars at work!

What's the point in Bumfuck nowhere being able to afford tanks and shit unless they get to use them occasionally? Seriously, I bet that's the reason half that shit got rolled out there.

Oh, I think they're legitimately scared...and with good reason. From all the reports that I've been reading that suburb's had an *ahem* rapidly changing demographic of late, and it's been putting a lot of strain on the...neighborly spirit...among some of the older residents. The reaction has been a constant poking of the growing black population there, followed by this. When you hear that constant ticking, it's reasonable to expect a boom.

I mean, none of this would be happening right now if all them black thugs had stayed in East St. Louis where they were nicely contained for so long.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Da6s

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on August 14, 2014, 02:29:34 PM

Some shitty little suburb in one of the poorer states in the union can just call up this kind of operation at the snap of a finger. That's...comforting.

Imagine if there were a network of protesters that could be called up with that level of efficiency.

Is Missouri really one of the poorer States? I had no idea. Not really a fan of St Louis personally but it never struck me as that bad.

Cain

Well, it does help that there are, in fact, special purchasing programs which allow US police departments to acquire military grade weaponry at really cut-price rates.

And well, it was either that or spend money on prevention programs which are boring and don't play well with the LawandOrder crowd.

LMNO

Quote from: Da6s on August 14, 2014, 03:01:30 PM

Is Missouri really one of the poorer States? I had no idea. Not really a fan of St Louis personally but it never struck me as that bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on August 14, 2014, 03:04:49 PM

Well, it does help that there are, in fact, special purchasing programs which allow US police departments to acquire military grade weaponry at really cut-price rates.

And well, it was either that or spend money on prevention programs which are boring and don't play well with the LawandOrder crowd.

It's been pointed out by smarter people than I that if you give law enforcement military gear, they start acting like they're in the military.  The streets then become a battlefield, and the people they're sworn to protect become the enemy.

Da6s

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 14, 2014, 03:05:52 PM
Quote from: Da6s on August 14, 2014, 03:01:30 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income

Not that bad. Would've been shocked if it was worse than my hated homestate. It isn't.