News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Unlimited Ferguson Thread of police state nightmare fuel.

Started by Da6s, August 14, 2014, 07:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

We are the sort of Discordians that think that if cops wantonly kill whomever they please with no consequences they might, one day very soon, do so to any of us at any point.

Which, I guess, is what is happening.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Malcolm on August 26, 2014, 10:07:02 PM
Quote from: N E T on August 26, 2014, 10:02:18 PM
We're all fake discordians here.

No, you're not. You're the usual suspects. I apologize for assuming you were exactly what I hoped you weren't.

I am sure we are all delighted to disappoint you.

Kindly fuck off and evaluate your life now.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Malcolm

Quote from: Alty on August 26, 2014, 10:11:30 PM
We are the sort of Discordians that think that if cops wantonly kill whomever they please with no consequences they might, one day very soon, do so to any of us at any point.

I agree, so why is this instance so important? Why this one? This type of thing has been happening my whole life. Is this the straw? I doubt it. People will forget this in a few weeks and nothing will change.

Salty

Quote from: Malcolm on August 26, 2014, 10:22:39 PM

I agree, so why is this instance so important? Why this one? This type of thing has been happening my whole life. Is this the straw? I doubt it. People will forget this in a few weeks and nothing will change.

Sure, The People will forget.

Why are you so eaget to embrace apathy like that slack jawed horde?

Malcolm

I don't know if it's eagerness so much as overwhelmed. It bothers me that I have this mentality, but logically....I don't see a manageable alternative. How do you square knowing better with the facts?

Chelagoras The Boulder

You create a manageable alternative. Everyone else being shitty is no excuse for being shitty yourself.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Salty

It has been made clear to me, through careful spiritual analysis, that Discrodianism is the religion of being overwhelmed.

Salty

All I know is I keep trying to do all kinds of shit that no sensible person would do, given the odds.

Malcolm

Quote from: Alty on August 26, 2014, 10:44:02 PM
All I know is I keep trying to do all kinds of shit that no sensible person would do, given the odds.

That makes sense.

Oh, and fuck you jokenstein. I'll keep asking questions. Dickbag.

Salty

:spag:

von

Quote from: Malcolm on August 26, 2014, 09:35:56 PM
I was hoping to have a discussion without being called a: racist a sociopath or a nihilist; I thought that discordians would at least offer a new perspective without resorting to name calling. Clearly, I was mistaken.

>I thought that discordians would at least offer a new perspective without resorting to name calling.

why would you think this? its a 50+ year old religion that's essentially built on pop-philosophy "can't know nothin'; the map is not the territory" trope-y bullshit + that RAW dullard's take on neo-freudianism and self-reconditioning.
Why the fuck would discordians, a group that is founded on ideas so old that they're becoming mainstream, have a "new perspective" moreso than any other group of people? 
As for name calling: they're human. just because they read and write books on new leftism doesn't mean they're any more or less immune to digging in and slinging shit at any idea that they don't like...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malcolm on August 26, 2014, 09:35:56 PM
I was hoping to have a discussion without being called a: racist a sociopath or a nihilist; I thought that discordians would at least offer a new perspective without resorting to name calling. Clearly, I was mistaken.

We're really awful excuses for Discordians.   :lulz:

TGRR,
Doesn't respond well to shaming anymore.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malcolm on August 26, 2014, 10:49:16 PM
Quote from: Alty on August 26, 2014, 10:44:02 PM

That makes sense.

:lord:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

It isn't.  Michael Brown was just another biological unit, meant nothing, just as you and I mean nothing.  Nothing means anything, nobody counts, life is a rather nasty chemical burp, etc, etc.

Like I said:  Nihilism.  You have no sense of outrage.  You may as well say "fuck it" and drink shitty beer and watch NASCAR.  Because you know those faceless masses out there?  The vast collection of Honey Boo Boos and teabagger yahoos that everyone likes to make fun of?

You just proclaimed your membership in their tribe.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on August 26, 2014, 10:24:26 PM

Sure, The People will forget.

Why are you so eaget to embrace apathy like that slack jawed horde?

It's worse than that.  He's doing it consciously.  Deliberately.