News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Roger/Waffle pointlessly pushing iron up in the air thread (warning: geekery)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 26, 2014, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

EK WAFFLR

3 weeks until my next meet. PRd in squat and bench press on wednesday.

231,5 bench, 347 squat.

Hoping to meet a 1000lbs total.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on October 02, 2015, 12:39:27 PM
3 weeks until my next meet. PRd in squat and bench press on wednesday.

231,5 bench, 347 squat.

Hoping to meet a 1000lbs total.

You should get that.  I've just now gotten to the point where the muscles around my bad knee will support it, so proper SKVAUTS for 185 LB for 5.  Now it's just a matter of improving.

How big is your meet?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

That's awesome, Roger.

The meet's tiny. In gaining 11 lbs to go up a weight class, and get a gold medal. lol
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I never did start weightlifting. Perhaps I will add it to my Friday schedule, to make going downtown worth it.

I am riding my bike downtown now. It's way better than the bus, except I can't read during my commute.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 03, 2015, 03:20:56 PM
I never did start weightlifting. Perhaps I will add it to my Friday schedule, to make going downtown worth it.

I am riding my bike downtown now. It's way better than the bus, except I can't read during my commute.

And you might have to punch the tram.

For what you're doing, and the time you have available, bike riding is a thing.   Weight lifting needs 3 days a week.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

EK WAFFLR

I'm going to start a 4 days/week thing in a year or so.
Getting strong and buff is hard :(

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on October 03, 2015, 05:03:36 PM
I'm going to start a 4 days/week thing in a year or so.
Getting strong and buff is hard :(

We move to 4 days next week.  4th day is lower back.  Because being able to drive home isn't actually important.   :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 03, 2015, 04:59:43 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 03, 2015, 03:20:56 PM

And you might have to punch the tram.

For what you're doing, and the time you have available, bike riding is a thing.   Weight lifting needs 3 days a week.

It's not getting 3 days a week because I just don't have time for that. But I do put on muscle like someone with an IGF-1 mutation, so I will probably get the results I want with once or maybe twice a week.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Actually, an IGF-1 mutation would also explain Little Orange, come to think of it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 03, 2015, 07:18:38 PM
Actually, an IGF-1 mutation would also explain Little Orange, come to think of it.

What, it displays a trait that lets you hop through 1-1/2" pipes?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

She was an extremely muscular child from infancy, with a sixpack by the time she was 18 months. She's still crazy muscular, and I was also very muscular as a child and build muscle bulk at an unusually rapid rate. Probably some minor mutation.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 04, 2015, 03:38:10 PM
She was an extremely muscular child from infancy, with a sixpack by the time she was 18 months. She's still crazy muscular, and I was also very muscular as a child and build muscle bulk at an unusually rapid rate. Probably some minor mutation.

Orkadian is not minor.