News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Roger/Waffle pointlessly pushing iron up in the air thread (warning: geekery)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 26, 2014, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on September 05, 2014, 07:25:19 PM
Go in wood. Find rock. Lift rock. Find log. Lift log.

I think Net is in California.  They have no woods in California.

But he could bench press Smartcars.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 05, 2014, 07:23:57 PM
Quote from: N E T on September 05, 2014, 07:18:20 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 05, 2014, 07:11:12 PM
Quote from: N E T on September 05, 2014, 07:06:15 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 05, 2014, 07:01:14 PM
Quote from: N E T on September 05, 2014, 06:58:58 PM
I want to play too, so I'm starting my poor person's weight training regimen.

So far it's been a backpack full of books with waist and chest straps on while doing a few sets of push ups and squats. Then I do some kettlebellish cleans, which work surprisingly well considering the bulkiness of the pack.

I'm starting with about 30 pounds of books, but I'm going to have to find something heavier to put in there because it's not quite enough.

More reps with a low weight is a better way to start.  THEN raise the weight.

Also, dumbells are surprisingly cheap, and they can be used to work complimentary muscles so you don't wind up all lopsided.

I'll check it out. My roommate might split the cost with me.

Yeah, a guy your size, you'd need a pair of the following sizes:  10 lb, 15 lb, 20 lb.  You should also have something resembling a bench, but it's not entirely necessary.

Probably can jerry-rig something with some pallets and foam.

What's important is that it be stable.

Point. Might see what I can find on Craigslist.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Aah, can't type fast enough on borrowed tablet. Must go do Dad stuff.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

EK WAFFLR

Also, strongman related stuff can be fun. Heavy found objects and the like. I have a fucking heavy boat engine part I found in WaffleGF's garage when she moved out of her old house, and it is my nemesis. Almost impossible to get a grip on, about 75-90 kgs. I'm gonna get it over my head, very soon.

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on September 05, 2014, 09:47:45 PM
Also, strongman related stuff can be fun. Heavy found objects and the like. I have a fucking heavy boat engine part I found in WaffleGF's garage when she moved out of her old house, and it is my nemesis. Almost impossible to get a grip on, about 75-90 kgs. I'm gonna get it over my head, very soon.

And then Waffles was found under an unweildy boat motor.   :cry:

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 05, 2014, 09:52:58 PM
Quote from: Allfader Waffles on September 05, 2014, 09:47:45 PM

And then Waffles was found under an unweildy boat motor.   :cry:

:lulz:

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

EK WAFFLR

I'm glad I don't split my days in upper/lower body. Everyday is legday.

[/b]

rong

Quote from: N E T on September 05, 2014, 07:18:20 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 05, 2014, 07:11:12 PM
Quote from: N E T on September 05, 2014, 07:06:15 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 05, 2014, 07:01:14 PM
Quote from: N E T on September 05, 2014, 06:58:58 PM
I want to play too, so I'm starting my poor person's weight training regimen.

So far it's been a backpack full of books with waist and chest straps on while doing a few sets of push ups and squats. Then I do some kettlebellish cleans, which work surprisingly well considering the bulkiness of the pack.

I'm starting with about 30 pounds of books, but I'm going to have to find something heavier to put in there because it's not quite enough.

More reps with a low weight is a better way to start.  THEN raise the weight.

Also, dumbells are surprisingly cheap, and they can be used to work complimentary muscles so you don't wind up all lopsided.

I'll check it out. My roommate might split the cost with me.

Yeah, a guy your size, you'd need a pair of the following sizes:  10 lb, 15 lb, 20 lb.  You should also have something resembling a bench, but it's not entirely necessary.

Probably can jerry-rig something with some pallets and foam.

I admire this thought process.

I might add that cinder blocks are stable, heavy, and cheap.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

The Good Reverend Roger

Caught my leg on the frame of the machine, broke a vein under the skin.  It doesn't hurt, but it looks like hell.  Like I have a golf ball under my skin.

<--- Moron

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 06, 2014, 01:44:27 AM
Caught my leg on the frame of the machine, broke a vein under the skin.  It doesn't hurt, but it looks like hell.  Like I have a golf ball under my skin.

<--- Moron

With love,
Texas