News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Roger/Waffle pointlessly pushing iron up in the air thread (warning: geekery)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 26, 2014, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 28, 2014, 04:02:52 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2014, 02:12:57 PM
Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 28, 2014, 09:26:25 AM
Also, not sure I get the "you can't smoke this" thing.  :?

"You lack the ability to make us hurt."  <--- shit talking.  Signals the trainer that you are dumb.

Herpaderpa. I must be having the dumbs today.

I sure as fuck had the dumbs yesterday.   :lulz:  It takes me 30 seconds to get out of my chair.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 28, 2014, 04:04:02 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on August 28, 2014, 10:26:30 AM
Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 28, 2014, 09:22:35 AM
I'm taking the GF to a crossfire gym that recently opened nearby. I'm not sure what I feel about crossfit.

Heard some really bad rumours regarding overtraining damage :eek:

From what I've seen there's a lot of half-assery in terms of proper form in crossfit. But this particular CF gym is run by a dude that used to do Oly lifting at my club. He should know what the fuck he's doing.

I feel that 2 days off during the week is CHEATING, but I got a lecture about overtraining.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

EK WAFFLR

I try to do some conditioning work on my off days, but I'm still way too lazy.

Still. Dropped 22lbs since december.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2014, 04:04:10 PM

"You lack the ability to make us hurt."  <--- shit talking.  Signals the trainer that you are dumb.

I sure as fuck had the dumbs yesterday.   :lulz:  It takes me 30 seconds to get out of my chair.

Do you forget how to stand up? I sometimes do.  :lulz:
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 28, 2014, 04:45:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2014, 04:04:10 PM

Do you forget how to stand up? I sometimes do.  :lulz:

This morning I had to roll out of bed.   :lulz:

EK WAFFLR

:lulz:

I'm gonna have to do that on Tuesday. Monday is heavy squat day. 2x2 reps at 90% of 1RM.

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 29, 2014, 06:07:12 PM
:lulz:

I'm gonna have to do that on Tuesday. Monday is heavy squat day. 2x2 reps at 90% of 1RM.

Still not right.

EK WAFFLR

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 29, 2014, 07:36:36 PM
?

Correction:

I am still not right.  I'm able to walk without looking like I have a pickle in my arse, but I cannot yet manage stairs without difficulty, and I get into and out of a car like a tertiary syphilis victim.

EK WAFFLR

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 29, 2014, 08:55:02 PM
Ahhh. I'm seriously off my game these days. Sorry 'bout that.

Naw.  Your English is so good, I keep forgetting it's not your first language, so I don't worry about slang.

EK WAFFLR

Good to hear.

Fucked up my lower back when sitting up from lateral raises today. Pain. Ouch.

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 29, 2014, 10:03:51 PM
Good to hear.

Gary has told me Sunday instead of today, because if I do shit right now, I'm gonna get hurt.  So my schedule is now dildos.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2014, 10:31:38 PM
Good to hear.

Gary has told me Sunday instead of today, because if I do shit right now, I'm gonna get hurt.  So my schedule is now dildos.

How does  your schedule look? And dildos is a good thing, right?

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on September 01, 2014, 03:18:01 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2014, 10:31:38 PM
Good to hear.

How does  your schedule look? And dildos is a good thing, right?

Going to the gym in about 20 minutes.  Gary and I have agreed that Friday is lower body day from now on.