Roger/Waffle pointlessly pushing iron up in the air thread (warning: geekery)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 26, 2014, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

IKNORITE!

For reference my own PRs are: Squat: 309, Bench: 198, Deadlift: 375.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Ben Shapiro

Doktor Howl

My arms fell off an hour ago.

But I have decided that I am going to do this for the rest of my life, just so that I will leave an unreasonably heavy corpse for my descendents to deal with.

Hernias for the grandchildren.  Because they need to learn that life is hard.
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

Doktor Howl

Went for 70 pounds/hand on dumbbell press yesterday (31.something KG):

Set 1:  12
Set 2:  4
Set 3:  3
Set 4:  POTATO

:lulz:

Then worked down on 45 pounds for a while.  My arms are dead.  I am typing this with a rubber chicken.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 02, 2015, 03:04:54 AM

Then worked down on 45 pounds for a while.  My arms are dead.  I am typing this with a rubber chicken.

I don't know what any of those words mean.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 02, 2015, 05:11:02 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 02, 2015, 03:04:54 AM

I don't know what any of those words mean.  :lulz:

Each set lists the number of repetitions I was able to do, lying flat on my back and shoving two 70 pound dumbbells in the air.

It's a personal best for me (before this I could manage a few reps of 60 pounds, which are now fairly easy.  It's amazing how much 20 extra pounds means).
Molon Lube

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

I'm starting a weight training class at school today. It's been over a year since I've lifted anything other than my belly and the occasional pallet of paper.

I'm thinking shit-show for a bit.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Doktor Howl

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 06, 2015, 05:44:38 PM
I'm starting a weight training class at school today. It's been over a year since I've lifted anything other than my belly and the occasional pallet of paper.

I'm thinking shit-show for a bit.

Yep.  Even if your muscles can handle more, the connective tissue can't, so you take it slow.

"Maxing" is for people who don't need elbows or knees.  Al Gore, maybe.
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

Or people like me.

Waffles,
strained side flexor, with strict orders from a physiotherapist to work on hip mobility.

[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hello Waffles on January 06, 2015, 10:32:43 PM
Or people like me.

Waffles,
strained side flexor, with strict orders from a physiotherapist to work on hip mobility.

This is why I am a weight lifter, not a power lifter.  Everyone I know who competes gets fucking mangled.
Molon Lube

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Holy hell. I leave for only a few months and come back to find this?

There's treachery afoot.

Postscript: I'm training for my first marathon, and today I managed to still make my 5 mile with flatulence that would easily be mistaken as the 7 trumpets of Revelation. I thought I would get joy out of crop dusting the neighborhood, but soon found that thermals trap your fumes and cause blowback. I threw up.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: I_Kicked_Kennedy on January 07, 2015, 03:43:19 AM
Holy hell. I leave for only a few months and come back to find this?

There's treachery afoot.

Postscript: I'm training for my first marathon, and today I managed to still make my 5 mile with flatulence that would easily be mistaken as the 7 trumpets of Revelation. I thought I would get joy out of crop dusting the neighborhood, but soon found that thermals trap your fumes and cause blowback. I threw up.

Reverse hypers are good for squeezing the farts out.
Molon Lube

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Turns out the class is only partly going to involve weight training. A lot of body weight/movement stuff instead. We are going to be working a lot of deadlift technique, which is one thing I'm looking forward to getting down.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 06, 2015, 11:35:33 PM
Quote from: Hello Waffles on January 06, 2015, 10:32:43 PM
Or people like me.

Waffles,

This is why I am a weight lifter, not a power lifter.  Everyone I know who competes gets fucking mangled.

I don't know anyone with serious injuries, actually. Lesser injuries like mine, however are a dime a dozen. lol

Worth it though.

[/b]