News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Roger/Waffle pointlessly pushing iron up in the air thread (warning: geekery)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 26, 2014, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 04, 2015, 05:30:59 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 04, 2015, 03:38:10 PM
She was an extremely muscular child from infancy, with a sixpack by the time she was 18 months. She's still crazy muscular, and I was also very muscular as a child and build muscle bulk at an unusually rapid rate. Probably some minor mutation.

Orkadian is not minor.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

I kind of envy you about the IGF-1 thing.

I'm starting to understand the desire to juice up. I'm not going to do it though, but I do understand those who do.

Also: I'm now squatting 300 pounds without spotters. A nice little milestone.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on October 09, 2015, 10:34:28 PM
I kind of envy you about the IGF-1 thing.

I'm starting to understand the desire to juice up. I'm not going to do it though, but I do understand those who do.

Also: I'm now squatting 300 pounds without spotters. A nice little milestone.

Nice.

I am now able to squat, period.  There's enough muscle around my right kneecap.

Only 185 LBs, but that's better than not being able to do body-only  bench squats a year ago.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I need you guys to come move a piano for me next week, if you don't mind.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 09, 2015, 11:35:38 PM

Sure.  If it's a grand, Waffle has to use both arms.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 09, 2015, 11:41:42 PM

And Roger can lounge on top of it in a red cocktail dress.  :oops:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on October 09, 2015, 11:46:05 PM

And Nigel will sell the video as a pay-per-view.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nast on October 09, 2015, 11:46:05 PM

Singing Clauda Rogers tunes.

Because I'm sexy that way.

Nast

I naturally have the figure of a stick insect, so I've recently I've taken working out my arms to approach the size and shape of a regular human.

I'm starting with ten pound weights. I'm working my way up.  :lulz:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nast on October 22, 2015, 01:49:09 AM
I naturally have the figure of a stick insect, so I've recently I've taken working out my arms to approach the size and shape of a regular human.

I'm starting with ten pound weights. I'm working my way up.  :lulz:

That's in fact how you do it.  Steady progression beats absolute numbers, and trying to be the Hulk on day one is how you fuck your shoulders for life.

EK WAFFLR

Did a fairly OK comp on friday.

Missed all my third attempts, but still won the gold medal (don't ask how many I competed against).

Ended up with
155kg (342lbs) squat, 100kg (220lbs) bench, and 185kg (408lbs) deadlift for a 440kg (970lbs) total.

Of these, the deadlift was my only actual PR. The bench and squat were comp PRs though.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on October 26, 2015, 11:26:02 AM
Did a fairly OK comp on friday.

Missed all my third attempts, but still won the gold medal (don't ask how many I competed against).

Ended up with
155kg (342lbs) squat, 100kg (220lbs) bench, and 185kg (408lbs) deadlift for a 440kg (970lbs) total.

Of these, the deadlift was my only actual PR. The bench and squat were comp PRs though.

I am, right now, in a class by myself, so I feel ya.  It's also  why I don't compete.

The Good Reverend Roger

Dumbbell chest press, 105 LBs (~48Kg)per hand, sets of 5.

Then I died.

The Good Reverend Roger

Bench is now 315 LBS/142 KG.

That's the Olympic bar and six 45 pound plates (3 per side, not 6 per side).

In related news, my arms are swollen meatbags full of poison and sickness.

EK WAFFLR

Your bench is almost as much as my squat.
Tested for maxes yesterday.
237 bench (107,5 kg)
353 squat (160 kg)

Testing dreadlift tomorrow.
Xmas meet on the 19th. Should manage a 1000lbs total.

[/b]