News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Academia Ghetto Thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 05, 2014, 05:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hirley0

oh yeah i 4 got
don't put any bullets in the gun
bury the buLLets some where near by
where only U know where that is

yEA2 I meant bottom 2 top { start from the BotTem

http://www.ahistoryofgreece.com/byzantine.htm

n 51 AD Chr  / 100ways in 100 hours == 2cm/A  {ay at 03:50:14 am

no wait i mean 1CM/m  m=Millinium / In the 3rd century At tiki
In the 4th Century : ant Nine converts to Christianity a
rom time to time in the form of groups like the Bogomils and the Cathars,

In 364 the empire officially splits  | Listen its a 264 Winchester Magnum
&IF i were you i would not get within 10 feet of a Rifle | take plenty of smokes
and lighters / maybe 100

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Your Mom on September 10, 2014, 06:08:30 PM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on September 09, 2014, 03:05:14 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on September 07, 2014, 05:58:46 PM
TOTALLY UNRELATED other than the fact that it's near campus and I can see it from the Market Street building, but this is a brand-new facade and it's probably the strangest building in Portland, as well as my favorite:

So cool from the outside. So creepy on the inside. On the first floor is the security check point, this GIGANTIC ornate lobby area, and...nothing...nobody....it very much has the feel of a place that houses things that some portion of the population would want to blow up.

Well, given that it's the Federal building I would have to guess that assessment is at least somewhat true.

Which makes that outer motif seem less coincidental in its semblance to the fascist "bundle of sticks" symbolism. For example, the 1930's fascist Italian flag:

Hmmmm....
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 07, 2014, 12:17:19 PM
Apparently, a lot of the bad rep organic chemistry has is from insufficiently trained pre-med and biology students.  And the textbooks.

Pre-meds. :lol: Yeah, I could see that.

My particular textbook is excellent. It's actually the best science textbook of any kind I've ever seen, rather remarkably so.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So lately I'm starting to feel a little more pull toward epigenetics. I am pretty well entrenched in the neuro subfield, but I am considering slanting my last year a little more toward molecular & genetics.

I think that part of it was looking at the current research in the molecular & cell bio department at OHSU... that stuff's exciting! And I feel like the epigenetics of brain development are well worth examining.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am considering adding a chemistry minor if I can squeeze it in. I think that at the very least I'll proceed as if I were going to do that, and I can always abort at the last minute if it looks like I'm running out of time or funding. I would just need to finish the ochem series and take quantitative analysis and biochem.

If I don't hate Ochem at the end of this term I'll probably do it.

Cain

I've done no reading this week, because the time I set aside for reading has instead been spent doing tech support's job and deciphering their inane emails.

But as I understand it, we're going to discuss root causes of terrorism in the context of counter-terrorism policy.  Which is fine, I mean, half my writing is pretty much on that topic.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 07, 2014, 02:29:56 PM
I've done no reading this week, because the time I set aside for reading has instead been spent doing tech support's job and deciphering their inane emails.

But as I understand it, we're going to discuss root causes of terrorism in the context of counter-terrorism policy.  Which is fine, I mean, half my writing is pretty much on that topic.

:lol: Yeah, you're already pretty much on top of that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just found out that school didn't deduct my bus pass (which I charged to my student account) from my scholarship disbursement, with the result that they charged me a $100 late fee on my unpaid balance, with the end result that my "discounted" bus pass now costs more than if I had simply bought a regular bus pass.

Thanks a fucking lot.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: The Suu on October 04, 2014, 12:10:08 AM
It looks like I may be spending a portion of my summer in Turkey. My Greek history professor manages a dig.

http://www.cadirhoyuk.com/index.html

They have 2 Byzantine trenches. I'm going to see if I can A: Use it as one of my required internships and/or B: Use it as a springboard for my thesis.

Oh My God! That's Horrible. I'm sorry.

Why can't our lives just be filled with uninteresting mundane things? Just think of all the trips to the grocery store for salted butter you're going to miss out on in that time.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on October 07, 2014, 04:12:22 PM
It looks like I may be spending a portion of my summer in Turkey. My Greek history professor manages a dig.

They have 2 Byzantine trenches. I'm going to see if I can A: Use it as one of my required internships and/or B: Use it as a springboard for my thesis.

Why can't our lives just be filled with uninteresting mundane things? Just think of all the trips to the grocery store for salted butter you're going to miss out on in that time.

:lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on October 07, 2014, 04:12:22 PM

:lulz: :lulz:

hirley0

ad 1045 I hope she dooes yeah:
its pretty well established by now My computer's clock gains about
1 sec/d while the board C goes the other way / A constant drifting :"APART":

hirley0

5:55 pdT ad 1058 I was trying to watch BBC  news at 5:30
I guess its not on on Wed? i tuned in to 10.3 <fM  not video
& they were describing the WINNERS  in chemistry
this was not the Swedish version {in Japan IN AMer}
and was about microscopes in general |beyond the Limits of
& SO: i thought about some at PSU | there are several
A LOT of Nano tech studies underway in physics i think
So, yes i even went to the formal announcement of JJ's
about her Million $ 1 | there was a Black Pres back then
who Mc'd | he was replaced shortly after that date
{ok never mind | Look my guess is the place to go
to get affordable access | is in the sub basement of cramer
there is a unit there {geology | where i think its possible
to get time in room | without the JJ' non¢ents of No Tie Che
however it spelled | Just a min |||  Ok IC i i { sorry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HblOzl6CxI  http://portlandtaichiacademy.com/

Quote from: hirley0 on October 08, 2014, 09:46:59 AM
ad 1045 I hope she dooes yeah:
its pretty well established by now My computer's clock gains about
1 sec/d while the board C goes the other way / A constant drifting :"APART":

6:15> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tai_chi_chuan
Just killing time waiting for NHK at 7
internal Chinese martial art
{never mind | try fen swa } http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_shui
a Chinese philosophical system of harmonizing everyone

try? see the M'scope in CH.subB
Just walk in when the door is open is my guess???

stiill 1/2 hour b4 NHK | i doubt that s1 or 2 is the correct path
the New building? looks of interest | i have never even seen  it
& have no idea where to look | maybe on the old path to the
candle light | which was gone last time i turned that corner:

maybe a year ago maybe 2 | i don't pay much attention
J of MCC | now X'd coms down to 11th and fills me in on
the Stake ? but Like i suggest | its beyond me | i would
watch BBC {never mind  | i do watch NHK } & wonder ?%
of SMSU 335 is Tai { & no i dont remember if the SE corner
is 335 even. I guess i should find a LiNk {hmm? oCHem {hmm

http://www.pdx.edu/chem/home

http://web.pdx.edu/~wamserc/   < 4Sure

Organic Chemistry (last time) ???
Retirement Symposium, September 28, 2012 / Truly sad  {sorry

hirley0

ad 1067 7-7:30
00: it sounds to me that the tail has changed   | CHem
:02 LED / physics 
:03 Flash Photo Blue LeD ...  behind apple 10 - 19 | 1980's Universities
:07 J.A. |1997 2337 CHINA COAST GUARD SHIP > PROACTIVE >> {||
10 C?j Sept Maratime
12 Students HK
13 C. Quake 9:50 6.6
14   500T  sunrise 689  {pirated | drills 
15 heldman police
16 sept 30 ANA { 9m$ SIMULATOR FREE $28 WiFi
20 SPEEDI 2 Month delay ? evacuation
21 weather India<CYCLONE  vonefong Sat ? Mon

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today in Ochem the professor, in response to questions, explained orbital hybridization for the THIRD time. Are these people not even bothering to read the book? It's just not that hard. I'm gonna lose my shit and just start keening like an Augustus monkey if someone asks him to explain it a fourth time.