Main Menu

Academia Ghetto Thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 05, 2014, 05:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hirley0

20141015 1:oo:oo.000 | the main problem is time
My computer clock keeps getting set to an incorrect
Time by means i AM unaware of whats going on
Plus there exists the drift in time of PDt ?/?
it looses about 1s/d While i gain 1
when i AM not being hacked
so with hack, back, &4word
its diFFicult to hit send/
I mean post at the proper Ms T
which is H=1 Board } Hopefully

ad 1466 THUS currently there eXists a 2H 8M 23S
TIME difference  between B & Me

Suu

I agree, Hirley. There is not enough time in the world.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I might get to go to research in Peru for the summer. The logistics are a little complicated (it's for Systems Science, which I am not getting a degree in and I have exactly zero elective credits), but I'm going to try to make it work anyway.

My SySc professor is also in the Psychology department, he may be able to make an argument for allowing it to apply to that degree.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

hirley, maybe check your bios clock and see that your operating system is not resetting itself to match bios (or vice versa), i've had that happen.

unless you mean that you are drifting forward and backwards in time, which makes it hard for you to post sequentially.  In which case, whoa.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trix on October 16, 2014, 03:38:03 AM
hirley, maybe check your bios clock and see that your operating system is not resetting itself to match bios (or vice versa), i've had that happen.

unless you mean that you are drifting forward and backwards in time, which makes it hard for you to post sequentially.  In which case, whoa.

With Hirley0, I would guess that he means the latter.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hirley0

ad 1629 Missed T=0 / slept in again  My guess was 2H 8M &<30
it is comming up on 1:23B aka about 3:31:31 = :00.0 sec Ha Ha
Ha Have no idea why my brain refuses to compute a correct
solution ? in say 7 min  so this in the mean time {Maybe}}
03:36 2014 10/17 BBC 700 beds | GREEN GLOVES ? ARGUS
03:39 PUTIN BREAKFAST | 03:41 CAMERON | 03:41  NEPAL
03:49 Money.UN 7 months of SA court | damage ? Megan
03:52 11:20 Hospital wing ? overcrowding ? 11:22/:54

ad 1566 Zeroing in on T=0
01:23 2014 10/17  of course things are bad.
.1 why should they not be this way?/?
anyway i can sort of tell | is going to be
a Tripple WiTch one in all 3 areanas
Math { ? %BGW | MsRa TEEM.ap.rates | U4.2
Lemme Look there next |p9 ad 1565 ?
Reply #121 not enough time in the world.
i would like to be able2 | i can't is my ?
2 ? apply to that degree.  | fair in height
OR ¢ent in Grade { never mind | move along
to the right, & UP from below > _|^
3 had that happen. | D'Tail PLease {donno?
4 latter. | I mean Later | reboot Sunday
?5 YEAH THE pOLICE SHOWED UP AT 4AM YESTERDAY
ACROSS THE HALL FROM MY DOOR {No IDea Why
ESCALATOR?  no only elevator | weird 1 2
anway i wont update clock today
THUS i should be fast again & board
slow | thus +2s today | 24 +2 = 26 or 7 ?

ad 1538  2:34 am ? yeah i slept in WHAT can i say
it is one of those days { maybe | stop mousing me already
eXpect several modifications{edits  today as things unfold
the clock / next / update  was a success ? maybe +8m25s }

yeah i see Rushing the beet + brain malfunction 8+4 = 12 not ?/?
and besides its upposed to be m = s not :00s | get over it | 40=40?

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Your Mom on October 15, 2014, 04:50:14 PM
I might get to go to research in Peru for the summer. The logistics are a little complicated (it's for Systems Science, which I am not getting a degree in and I have exactly zero elective credits), but I'm going to try to make it work anyway.

My SySc professor is also in the Psychology department, he may be able to make an argument for allowing it to apply to that degree.
Wooo! congratulations!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ragret on October 17, 2014, 04:54:25 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 15, 2014, 04:50:14 PM

Wooo! congratulations!

Thanks! I'm not really due them yet, but hopefully it will come to fruition. Turns out that it also comes with a permaculture design certificate, which happens to mesh with some of my personal interests.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Procrastinated my ochem homework until the last possible minute, and now that I'm doing it it's much, MUCH easier than I anticipated.

Now I'm kicking myself because if I'd done it early like I should have, I could be doing my bio homework by now.

hirley0

?31it is hard to accept how fouled around i have become
i forget to lock my door when i leave, & leave the key in the door arriving

Quote from: The Suu on October 15, 2014, 11:47:25 AM
I agree, Hirley. There is not enough time in the world.

THIS: is late. ^ Read Up anyway ^

Suu

My professor delayed the due date for a paper, now due today at 5pm, so she could catch up on our previous papers and send them all back so we could use them on this one. She hasn't yet. This is worth 20% of my grade and I haven't even started. I cannot begin to express my frustration, this is utterly unfair.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hirley0

Quote from: The Suu on October 19, 2014, 02:50:39 PM
y at 5pm, so she c c ?

Yes SUm' Canadian Club and 7 is am acceptable way
for word | like aye i & eye {never mind {{ not to worry
best bet at this H | should be that anYthing i suggest
should be disreguarded as my ability at anything at
this H is silly to say the least | i missed 3 = 1

so 4get.it 4:32:10 targeting 2:34:56 PDt } 4+8 =12 ==
43:30  & ? && my brain is a blank .

Quote from: Your Mom on October 19, 2014, 04:34:06 AM
Procrastinated / kicking myself

I do NOT B'Leave it} Looks like i Hit post TT
{never mind  | try for H:: 50m:50s | Um  4:59:24 = 2:50:50  ??

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My professor delayed the due date for a paper, now due today at 5pm, so she could catch up on our previous papers and send them all back so we could use them on this one. She hasn't yet. This is worth 20% of my grade and I haven't even started. I cannot begin to express my frustration, this is utterly unfair.

It seems like if the whole point of delaying this paper was so that you could use previous feedback from other papers on it, it seems as if perhaps she should delay it further so she can actually give you your feedback.

Can you get started on the paper and then revise it according to feedback when you get your other papers back, so that at least the bulk of the writing/research/citations would be done?

Suu

Quote from: Your Mom on October 20, 2014, 03:49:12 PM

It seems like if the whole point of delaying this paper was so that you could use previous feedback from other papers on it, it seems as if perhaps she should delay it further so she can actually give you your feedback.

Can you get started on the paper and then revise it according to feedback when you get your other papers back, so that at least the bulk of the writing/research/citations would be done?

I submitted a completed paper out of good faith, and she blast emailed us a massive apology that she's way too behind right now because of chairing a conference, and also working with a charity group out of Boston where she received a high honor last week. I'll ask her tomorrow during class if it's okay for us who feel that our work was subpar to have the chance of a re-write should our grades come back scary. She's actually extremely nice, but a hard grader. But I think circumstances being what they are that she will be lenient.

In other news, I'm taking this free online course through FutureLearn.com on Hadrian's Wall, and so far I'm enamored with the work that Newcastle University does on Hadrian's Wall. They have a pretty damn impressive PhD program for archaeology and history and their tuition is disgustingly reasonable in comparison to our schools here. I'm thinking that studying in England could very well be a possibility should I choose to go that far. I want to finish my MA first and see how the job front looks here, as well as see what the Navy wants to do with us first before committing to the doctorate, but that may not be a terrible option during the husband's next sea duty. I've chatted a bit with some of the students and faculty through the FutureLearn site, and they're slowing trying to convince me to come over.

Edit: They just dropped the bomb that there's guaranteed housing on campus for international graduate students.  :aaa:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Good, I hope she grades this one kindly or gives you a chance to revise.

I'm currently reviewing Mol bio slides in preparation for tomorrow's midterm. I feel like everyone else is much more stressed about it than I am, which makes me worried that I'm grossly overestimating my preparedness.