News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Academia Ghetto Thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 05, 2014, 05:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 11, 2014, 02:10:02 AM
That looks sweet, Twid, I'll check it out tomorrow when I'm sane again.

Fuck zinc fingers.

If you like elaboration on any of them, same. I seem to have a bug of some kind- swollen lymph node and lethargy. Going to re-nap.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

The only thing I really have to say about my improv final isI'm taking comfort knowing that a few of those kids won't stop on a stage again without consequences.

:kingmeh:
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on December 11, 2014, 03:34:24 AM
The only thing I really have to say about my improv final isI'm taking comfort knowing that a few of those kids won't stop on a stage again without consequences.

DESTROY THEM ALL.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I read your presentation, Twid. Because I ran all out of fucks to give to molecular. It was neat!

Theoretically I should dig back into my notes tonight and pull out all of the acronyms he might use on the test, and then do a simple one-or-two-word association in addition to writing out what they're acronyms for, but I might not. I might just fucking not.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If housemate ever comes out of his room again (and by "ever" I mean in the 15 minutes or so before I crash and burn) I am totally gonna bum a cigarette off of him. Because FUCK THIS, AND FUCK THAT, AND FUCK THIS THING IN PARTICULAR.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh and and and

Tonight I finally figured out the method to his madness, regarding his test questions.

What he is doing is asking questions about details from the examples he gives to help with comprehension of mechanisms, processes, and principles. Because apparently he figures that if you read the examples thoroughly enough to grasp the process, you will probably remember the arbitrary 4-letter acronym for something that was detailed in the example.

Mind you, this course is not supposed to be about details. It's supposed to be about mechanisms, processes, and principles.

It is not a very good method.

I was just going to memorize acronyms off the slides, but when it came down to my breaking point I couldn't do it. I need to understand what's going on. I'm taking cell bio in the Spring and without the background knowledge from Mol I don't think I'd be ready for it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"Him" in this case being Dr. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MADE 5 INCOMPREHENSIBLE ACID-TRIP SLIDES ON PSEUDOKNOTS AND WHEN I LOOKED IT UP IN THE BOOK THERE WAS JUST THIS ONE FUCKING PICTURE BECAUSE IT'S JUST ONE OF MANY ALTERNATE RNA FOLDS, YOU ASSHOLE.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's completely possible that there will be tears before the end of the night.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 11, 2014, 04:36:53 AM

DESTROY THEM ALL.

I would, but that would just give them a reason to overact a really horrible death scene.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on December 11, 2014, 01:58:38 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 11, 2014, 04:36:53 AM

DESTROY THEM ALL.

I would, but that would just give them a reason to overact a really horrible death scene.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My Mol Bio professor seemed to have sought consultation for writing his last final, because it made sense and was relevant to the material we covered.

I am super irritated with myself for one of the answers that I immediately knew I got wrong, because I put down "HLH" instead of "HTH" even though I KNEW THAT WAS A TRICK QUESTION. I even had made a note of the difference in advance, and somehow just brain farted.

NONETHELESS, I think I did OK, and whatever at least it's fucking over.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oooh, just realized that I have half an extra credit left I can do for Ochem that's not due until tomorrow.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I got the nicest note from my systems science professor about my final project. I need to remember that this term I absolutely adored 3/4 of my professors, and that the one guy who was a horrible teacher and then lost my final is not representative of my total experience.

Also I had drinks with my girl E last night and she told me (she's a professor) that an automatic A for losing a test is totally a thing. So worst case scenario, I get my actual grade. Which I guarantee is not an A. (I am still fucking pissed about he helix-turn-helix trick question, THAT ASSHOLE.)

Nephew Twiddleton

So whatever my physics grade might be, it's definitely determined now.

Professor said that the grades should be posted by midnight.

Apparently, every professor who gave a final today said the same thing, considering that the server isn't responding.

Nephew Twiddleton

Which is giving me a very weird feeling. What I'm feeling is, "eh, fuck it RIGHT NOW." But I suppose that's the reaction one would have to waiting to find out the grades for the class that they know they didn't do great in, but no one else did, so how, exactly, did I do? Not worried about Cell Bio. At all. Not worried about Physics in a worried about Physics but not really worried sort of way. I just want to get a C and move along. I don't want to have to take it again even if I end up bombing it. It's in the way, and I only care about it insofar that it's a required course and GPA.

Seriously though, I'm more than happy to leave it to NDT and Hawking.