News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Academia Ghetto Thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 05, 2014, 05:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I got a C in Molecular Bio. Grades aren't officially posted (they should be up by five today) but I'm not too worried about my other grades. My final project in Systems Science got 98.5% and I hit 95% on the Neurophysiology final. Ochem is either an A or a B... or I didn't pass the final, in which case it's an F. I don't think I could have failed the final though.

I am kind of hoping that my Mol Bio professor decides to curve and I end up with a B, but he's not exactly the most charitable professor so I doubt he will.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Grades are posted! A, A, B+, B-. THANK FUCK!

I was kind of hoping for an A in Ochem but that final was hard and I kinda slacked on chapter 10, so I'll take the B+ with gratitude! Dr. S was an amazing teacher, getting anything less than an A is on me.

My GPA didn't take too bad of a hit, and it was by far my hardest term yet. Knock on wood. I don't think I'll be foolish enough to take 16 credits in ten weeks again... at least, not including 8 credits of known bitch-ass tough weeder classes. That was just plain dumb.

Next term is gonna be awesome. So awesome!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, I don't think I have ANY MORE WEEDER CLASSES. Upper-division Cell & Micro have reputations for being hard, but not "fuck you, if you can't hack it you can't hack med school" hard.

Nephew Twiddleton

Physics grade still hasn't been posted.  :cry:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LMNO

Nigel, congrats.  I admire that you have worked hard to obtain knowledge.

You're one of the good people on this planet.  I'm honored to know your name.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 17, 2014, 02:29:56 AM

Aw, thank you LMNO! I would squeeze you right now if you were within squeezing range! Rest assured, the admiration and respect is mutual.

Nephew Twiddleton

I likewise congratulate you, Nigel.

Sorry I didn't do so before. There's a bit of nail biting going on here.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on December 17, 2014, 03:17:58 AM
I likewise congratulate you, Nigel.

Sorry I didn't do so before. There's a bit of nail biting going on here.

Oh shit, man, I didn't expect congrats and I COMPLETELY understand! I was kind of losing my shit until grades were posted. I hope they post yours SOON, and I hope that they meet or exceed your hopes!

Junkenstein

This.

Twid, all the best.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Dying of flu, taking a day off from my counter-terrorism paper.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 17, 2014, 01:20:49 PM

This.

Twid, all the best.

:heart:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 17, 2014, 03:40:53 PM
Dying of flu, taking a day off from my counter-terrorism paper.

If you die of flu IT LETS THE TERRORISTS WIN.

Feel better soon, that sucks.

Cain

Dying of flu means I get an extension on my essay, though.  I'm surprised, as I didn't expect to get one, under the current conditions, but my lecturer suggested I write in anyway.

Congrats on your results, by the way.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 18, 2014, 09:22:12 AM
Dying of flu means I get an extension on my essay, though.  I'm surprised, as I didn't expect to get one, under the current conditions, but my lecturer suggested I write in anyway.

Congrats on your results, by the way.

Yay extension!

Thanks. :) They aren't what I would normally have hoped them to be, but I think that the difficulty of the term makes me more pleased with them overall than I would have been with straight As I didn't fight for. I EARNED THE FUCK out of that B-.  :lol: