News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Academia Ghetto Thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 05, 2014, 05:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The internet says it's only about five thousand monkeys, but that was in 2009 and the internet has been known to be wrong.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Can you secure them all typwriters?

LMNO

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today, my Genetics professor gave us the syllabus and was absolutely adamant that if we couldn't be there for the final, we shouldn't take the class. Period.

My plane flies out the day before the final.

I emailed her explaining about my Study Abroad. Hopefully she will accommodate it. I don't think she HAS to, but according to my Education Abroad professor, they've never had anyone refuse, so... fingers crossed.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 09:55:27 PM
Today, my Genetics professor gave us the syllabus and was absolutely adamant that if we couldn't be there for the final, we shouldn't take the class. Period.

I emailed her explaining about my Study Abroad. Hopefully she will accommodate it. I don't think she HAS to, but according to my Education Abroad professor, they've never had anyone refuse, so... fingers crossed.

If I learned anything in physics, it's that if you talk to the professor from the get go, he or she will accommodate, and that professors put on a show of tough-ass to nip the nonsense in the bud.

If said prof doesn't work something out with you, about your study abroad program no less, that reflects poorly on her. That's department head level shenanigans.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on January 06, 2015, 10:16:14 PM

If I learned anything in physics, it's that if you talk to the professor from the get go, he or she will accommodate, and that professors put on a show of tough-ass to nip the nonsense in the bud.

If said prof doesn't work something out with you, about your study abroad program no less, that reflects poorly on her. That's department head level shenanigans.

Good to know! I really hope she makes it easy though. I love this class so far and really want to take it with her specifically.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

When I told my Neuro II professor that I had to miss the Q&A panel he's doing in lieu of a final, he gave me a huge grin and said "Don't worry about it! It won't affect your grade! Congratulations!" so I'm hoping her response will be similarly positive.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 10:31:36 PM

Good to know! I really hope she makes it easy though. I love this class so far and really want to take it with her specifically.

On top of that, I've also learned that Genetics professors are pretty forgiving, especially if they already know you. Genetics is wicked interesting. I wish I didn't take it during summer. It did the topic a disservice. I wish I would have taken Chem I or Physics I instead.

Nephew Twiddleton

Especially because either way I would have had Professor Kasili.  He's the only Genetics teacher, so I don't really remember why there was such a fire lit under my ass to take Genetics in fucking July and half of August.

Nephew Twiddleton

Fun side facts about Prof. K.

He loves the X Men because of genetic fiction.

He supports Germany in FIFA. I don't completely understand this, since he's from some African country.

He will tell you that your course load is insane if it is, and then work with you to pass regardless.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on January 06, 2015, 11:11:56 PM

On top of that, I've also learned that Genetics professors are pretty forgiving, especially if they already know you. Genetics is wicked interesting. I wish I didn't take it during summer. It did the topic a disservice. I wish I would have taken Chem I or Physics I instead.

I am not sure that it is valid to extrapolate your experience with one Genetics professor to all Genetics professors. :lol:

But yeah, the topic is really interesting, and I think I'll like this course. Especially if I can actually follow through with taking it. If I can't I might go ahead and take something stupid easy online like Life of the Past or Nutrition.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 07, 2015, 12:23:51 AM
Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on January 06, 2015, 11:11:56 PM

I am not sure that it is valid to extrapolate your experience with one Genetics professor to all Genetics professors. :lol:

But yeah, the topic is really interesting, and I think I'll like this course. Especially if I can actually follow through with taking it. If I can't I might go ahead and take something stupid easy online like Life of the Past or Nutrition.

Fair.

actually this should be totally ignore Twid night. I'm in the midst of an emotional inventory situation, which has already lead to in depth conversation with an ex that I still consider a valued friend. Normally it would be a chuckle situation, but I don't know, losing another friend over the past 365 days gives that a bit of gravitas that I really don't like to acknowledge.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yay, Dr. R sad it will be no problem and to let her know as soon as I schedule an exam in the testing center. Whew! This is probably the first term I've had where I would be genuinely heartbroken if I had to drop any of my classes. I love all my professors this term and all of the topics are really exciting to me.