News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Academia Ghetto Thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 05, 2014, 05:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It all kind of boils down to "hey, our system for analyzing mouse freezing behavior is pretty accurate".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Spring schedule was supposed to go up today.

It's not up.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

In my mind, there's a children's book, "Dick and Jane" style, called "Let's You And Me Terrify a Bunch of Mice"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 02, 2015, 03:58:38 PM
In my mind, there's a children's book, "Dick and Jane" style, called "Let's You And Me Terrify a Bunch of Mice"

:lulz: :lulz:

It's pretty fucked up, actually. Neuroscientists are ASSHOLES. http://www.jove.com/video/50871/contextual-cued-fear-conditioning-test-using-video-analyzing-system

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Luckily I won't be working with mice, I'll be working with children.

LMNO

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 02, 2015, 04:01:12 PM
Luckily I won't be working with mice, I'll be working with children.

In light of the above posts, that just sounds wrong.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think I have picked out my classes for next term. Cell Bio & lab, Scientific Ethics, and Ecopsychology.

I only have 3 psych classes left and while I know I SHOULD be saving myself for the serious topics like child psychopathology and cognitive neuroscience, I have had about a million really overloaded terms in a row, and plus it gives me a totally cherry schedule and the instructor is heading up that trip to Peru.

Now I just need to restrain myself from doing anything totally stupid like adding just one easy online class, which will tip the balance from perfect to hell, guaranteed.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I has interview with head of neuroimaging lab. :)

Nephew Twiddleton

I got an email from my Cell Bio professor saying that all of the In Progresses are no longer in progress so we can get our finals and paper 3 back.  :lulz:

Also, "If you haven't applied for summer internships, the deadlines are approaching"

And I'm like, "Oh shit.... Dr. D, tell me more"
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on February 06, 2015, 03:14:43 AM
I got an email from my Cell Bio professor saying that all of the In Progresses are no longer in progress so we can get our finals and paper 3 back.  :lulz:

Also, "If you haven't applied for summer internships, the deadlines are approaching"

And I'm like, "Oh shit.... Dr. D, tell me more"

GET UP ON IT!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I got some inside info that the lab wants people who are free Mondays and Wednesdays, which rules out Ecopsychology but opens me up for Cognitive Neuro.

Interview's on Tuesday.

I just spent the last 3 hours writing a CV. First I had to figure out HOW to, I've never done it before.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Finished my Study Abroad application for the Peru trip. Shit's just rolling along.

Cain

Where in Peru are you going to be located?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

All I know is "an off-grid site in the Peruvian Andes".