News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Academia Ghetto Thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 05, 2014, 05:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 18, 2015, 02:01:23 AM
Quote from: Cuddlefish on May 17, 2015, 01:40:27 PM
Graduation today. Nothing sounds more fun than hours in the sun and humidity in a silly black dress.

Congratulations, Mister College Degree Having Man!

Thanks! Graduated Summa cum laude! After years of being a degenerate criminal! COGNITIVE DISSONANCE FTW
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cuddlefish on May 18, 2015, 02:52:08 AM
Graduation today. Nothing sounds more fun than hours in the sun and humidity in a silly black dress.

Thanks! Graduated Summa cum laude! After years of being a degenerate criminal! COGNITIVE DISSONANCE FTW

Whoa.  Congratulations.

Don't let the other punk rockers find out.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That is bad ass!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

AWESOME!

Please become a real life Scooby Doo Villain!
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 18, 2015, 03:22:09 AM

Whoa.  Congratulations.

Don't let the other punk rockers find out.

Most of them wouldn't understand even if they did find out.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What's up next in your life adventures?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 18, 2015, 05:34:36 PM

Six months off to finish up the new album, rewrite my senior project for publication, take the GRE's, and find a school to go to for my Phd. I would also like to find a girl friend of some sort, but I'm not holding my breath. Also, if it's not too stressful to book our CD release show, I'll probably be looking to meat up with some NE Discordians.

LMNO

A reminder that Frost Heaves still exists, if you're looking for bands to play with.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cuddlefish on May 18, 2015, 05:41:46 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 18, 2015, 05:34:36 PM

Six months off to finish up the new album, rewrite my senior project for publication, take the GRE's, and find a school to go to for my Phd. I would also like to find a girl friend of some sort, but I'm not holding my breath. Also, if it's not too stressful to book our CD release show, I'll probably be looking to meat up with some NE Discordians.

Rock on! I was hoping you were going to say grad school. :)

Doktor Howl

I would also like to find a girl friend of some sort, but I'm not holding my breath.

NO.  Nothing good ever happens to the grad student with the significant other.  It's a classic trope, as unyielding as the laws of physics.
Molon Lube

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 18, 2015, 09:02:51 PM
I would also like to find a girl friend of some sort, but I'm not holding my breath.

NO.  Nothing good ever happens to the grad student with the significant other.  It's a classic trope, as unyielding as the laws of physics.

Maybe I should have said "someone to have 'grown up hugs' with"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is true, and also why I am not going to try to date until after I get my PhD.

So when I'm 53.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 19, 2015, 12:06:11 AM

This is true, and also why I am not going to try to date until after I get my PhD.

So when I'm 53.

:lulz:

The rule is "Significant other", so you can date.  You just can't fall in love, or you get eaten by a dinosaur or get squished by giant alien killer robots or some shit.
Molon Lube

Cain

I conveniently get around this rule by having no social life whatsoever.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 19, 2015, 12:23:35 AM
I conveniently get around this rule by having no social life whatsoever.

Based on Jurassic Park and every other movie involving people using their brains, this means you get to live through whatever it is.

You can have brains or popularity.  Not both, or you're a fuckin' dead man.
Molon Lube