News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Petition to change Dick Nixon back to Apple Talk

Started by Count Chocula, September 16, 2014, 11:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What name is more eargasmic?

The new, trendy "Richard Nixon school of ballet and the arts"
The hard hitting, up in your face classic "Apple Talk"

BadBeast

I'm thinking of that Judge Pickles. . . . James, was it?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Count Chocula

BadBeast

Fizzy Pickles. Not sure if they've been invented yet, but they will be.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Faust on September 17, 2014, 09:16:49 AM
Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on September 17, 2014, 12:55:23 AM

God I've missed the emotes here!

I stole this from somewhere, it's my favorite at the moment

I've been in love with the emotes here since I first started posting back before 2012. I even had a concept for characterizing them in a sort of satirical thread. At the time I was a bit too focused on my own egotistical bullshit to expand on the idea. I'm a bit less so now. Lots of meditation has helped as has more internet experience.

I had no idea that the lessons learned here at PD would prove so useful everywhere else. It would be wrong to say the rest of the internet I've seen is tame by comparison. It's just my first time here prepped me extremely well for the pitfalls in a way that I could never have otherwise learned so quickly.

For this I figure I owe ya folks in some sense. Mostly positive!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on September 18, 2014, 05:18:27 PM
Can we get Poptard back?

Wouldn't that be "trading down"?

Delcon is brilliant, I am told.  A master of subtle humor.  The best troll on the internet.  It's like Andrew Dice Clay with a Nobel Prize in HILARIOUS.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

Now that you mention it, it is a lot like the Diceman.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Count Chocula

I mean, who DOESN'T love peanut butter and jelly time???

Probably only dictators like Hitler.

And dogs. They really struggle with the peanut butter.

The Good Reverend Roger

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BadBeast on September 18, 2014, 03:39:27 PM
Fizzy Pickles. Not sure if they've been invented yet, but they will be.

Homemade lactic acid pickles are a bit fizzy during fermentation. I just ate one.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman