News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

The Discordian Society on Facebook

Started by Xyphras, September 19, 2014, 06:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyphras

How many of you use/have tried the Facebook Discordian groups? They seem to be pretty chaotic, and often nasty, with many "interesting" characters about.

Dr. Cow Ass

tha fuck did you expect? There's no accountability within Discordianism, therefore, "Do what thou wilt."
I bring the Spicy.

Faust

"The Discordian society 2014" has interesting stuff posted on it but it's not as active as it could be.

"The Discordian Society" On the other hand is barely readable, drowned by idiots and Ha-Ha-Hilareous ironic Misogynist shit but has a lot of members, some of which are intelligent and interesting but didn't know where else to look.

For the latter I only join it for short bursts before it becomes too banal I leave it, I only have a certain amount of time in the day to read stuff online, I don't want to spend it scrolling past that garbage.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

I block any user who uses any variation on the word "faggot".

As would be expected, the traffic on my feed from those groups has decreased dramatically.

Cain

Too much noise for my preference, on like 99% of them.  Also, facebook sucks.  Also, kids who think /b/ is edgy and the acme of trolling is calling someone a "nigger" or "cunt".

hooplala

Everyone in those Facebook Discordianism groups is desperately trying to be the weirdest one in the room, and that gets tiring very very quickly.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Wizard Joseph

I find FB a convenient way to get to know Discordians as who I really am. There have been some really neat conversations on The Discordian Society 2014. I do get annoyed when obvious sock puppet accounts try to friend me, but posting pics is a snap! I'm young enough to still have fun with things like meme wars and other spagery, but do get tired of the unfunny behavoiurs variously stated above.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

TDS is basically a good way to fuck the wrong end of the pig.

TDS 2014 isn't so bad.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 19, 2014, 03:38:52 PM

Oh come on, it's a PIG for fuck's sake! The only points of etiquette that matter flew South long before any decision was made to fuck it. Just dribble a bit of spit on the end before you go in . . . . . 

:aaa: (Christ, the end with the hole in it of course!)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on September 19, 2014, 04:22:18 PM

Oh come on, it's a PIG for fuck's sake! The only points of etiquette that matter flew South long before any decision was made to fuck it. Just dribble a bit of spit on the end before you go in . . . . . 

The wrong end of the pig is essentially nature's chop saw.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 19, 2014, 04:43:38 PM

Cast not your pearl necklace before swine...
Ew. Jezus saw this coming..
Ew again. Think I'm stuck now dammit.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on September 19, 2014, 06:39:01 PM

:lulz:

hooplala

Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on September 19, 2014, 06:39:01 PM

If you hadn't said it, LMNO would've.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Slyph

Mr Miyagi parable

You fuck pig mouth end, fine,

You fuck pig hind end, fine,

You try to fuck the pig from the side? SPLAT

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Slyph on September 19, 2014, 10:45:00 PM
Mr Miyagi parable

You fuck pig mouth end, fine,

You fuck pig hind end, fine,

You try to fuck the pig from the side? SPLAT

You seem to have some difficult incisions to make here.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl