News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

GLOMPCHOMPING

Started by Bobby Campbell, September 23, 2014, 03:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

When negative attention is preferred to no attention at all?

GlompChomp

OH MY GOD I HAVE A FAN YES I WILL GIVE YOU MY AUTOGRAPH WHERE DO YOU WANT IT I'M FRESH OUT OF FELT PENS BUT THERE MIGHT BE ONE STUCK UP MY ANUS IF YOU COULD JUST REACH UP THERE THAT'D BE GREAT
widdly scuds

I stretch my penis in a saltwater toffee maker every Tuesday and Saturday.

Bobby Campbell

Seeing the third boob implant making the rounds yesterday made me wonder if the future will ever get too weird for me.

I saw Total Recall when I was 10, so this looks about right to me, but what does this trend look like when escalated?

The current spectrum of identity variation is pretty tame compared to what seems likely to emerge in the near future.

Race is an artificial construct, gender/sexuality is a continuous spectrum, easy as pie, but what when the species distinctions get blurry?

I hope to keep up! I don't want it my grandkids to be like "Sure, Pop Pop is a nice guy, but he sure is racist against the Gene-spliced Cat Monkey Sex Cyborgs!"

Bobby Campbell

I was hoping to unseat the racial epithet that's been glued to the front page of PD this week, but if 3 boobs can't do it I don't suppose anything can!

EK WAFFLR

Glompchomping sounds like a particularly annoying 90's hit song.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Bobby Campbell

I GLOMP CHOMP BUT I CHOMP GLOMP AGAIN YOU'RE NEVER GONNA GLOMP MY CHOMP

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on September 23, 2014, 06:23:28 PM

Seeing the third boob implant making the rounds yesterday made me wonder if the future will ever get too weird for me.

I saw Total Recall when I was 10, so this looks about right to me, but what does this trend look like when escalated?

The current spectrum of identity variation is pretty tame compared to what seems likely to emerge in the near future.

Race is an artificial construct, gender/sexuality is a continuous spectrum, easy as pie, but what when the species distinctions get blurry?

I hope to keep up! I don't want it my grandkids to be like "Sure, Pop Pop is a nice guy, but he sure is racist against the Gene-spliced Cat Monkey Sex Cyborgs!"
Is this another of those things where reailty is making fiction obsolete?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

If by "reality" you mean "hoax", then yes.

Faust

Bump to keep the racial epithet off the front page.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 24, 2014, 09:06:50 PM

Ah, of course! I probably should have looked into it more.

I've been wondering about what the hot button issues of the future might be, if we ever sorted out the racial/gender/sexuality problems, what would be the next challenge? I came up w/ speciesism. It seems likely we'll eventually see a certain amount of body/genetic modification, wearable tech to the point of genuine augmentation, and perhaps even A.I. w/ opinions of its own.

Also, I thought Gotham was totally good enough!

Maybe a few too many coincidences, but it might work to think of the killing of the Waynes as something that sets off a chain reaction, which ultimately results in the world of Batman and his rouges gallery.

Shield season premier seemed totally awesome to me. Either the budget got bumped or just natural advance in FX, but the Absorbing Man looked spectacular.

Faust

I'm a really cranky guy when it comes to TV, my house-mates thought I was a snob when it came to this stuff, they were probably right.

It doesn't help that I'm rewatching the wire, which is probably unfair to do to it.

What I liked
Alfred as much less posh sounding butler
The costumes and look of the city
The penguins actor
Bruce standing on the roof looking like he is going to kill himself but was actually being goaded on by his psychotic butler

What I disliked
The clunky exposition, with emphasis on the repeatedly using each new characters name as they come on.
The riddler, nudging the audience in the ribs
Anything the penguin was used for
The seeming lack of purpose
In the space of a day Gordon meets (and gets the name for) the penguin, the riddler, poison Ivy and batman this makes me feel like less like the show is world building and more that were seeing a small incestuous group of criminals

The idea of a chain reaction set off from the murder as you say is a cool idea, but in some cases they are better off leaving the character out for the time being. Part of batmans thing is escalation and crazy people popping out of nowhere. It was too much too soon.

Shield was a show I just couldn't get into, though I have heard it improves greatly towards the latter half of the first season I just wasn't into it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Sung Low

The d key has chosen to absent itself

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 24, 2014, 09:06:50 PM

Thanks for peeling the vinyl back, you bean-chomping bastard.   :argh!:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bobby Campbell

I'm currently watching The Wire too! First time through for me. Got a little burnt out by the dock worker / union stuff in season 2, but the first few episodes of season 3 are pulling me back in.

And yeah, I totally agree w/ your dislikes of Gotham, but am hoping most of that stuff was caused by the creative demands of a pilot episode. Like the rapid fire shoe horning of Batman villains was an attempt to demonstrate how rich the intellectual property of the series is to the suits?

The first half of season 1 of Shield is pretty rough, but also kind of necessary to building the stakes for what is a pretty excellently executed twist, which also tied in w/ the surprisingly good Captain America 2.

Though what I'm most curious about is Constantine.

I can't imagine they can pull off what I like about Hellblazer on a network show, but the trailer had more right about it than I expected

GlompChomp

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on September 24, 2014, 10:43:57 PM
The Wire

That show says nigger a lot. My favorite nigger from The Wire is Bodie. He refuses to change who he is even though everything else around him changes.

Wait is that a spolier?

OMAR DIES AT THE END

DUMBLEDORE MARRIES SNAPE.
widdly scuds

I stretch my penis in a saltwater toffee maker every Tuesday and Saturday.