News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Weapons, guns, pointy stuff and blasting things in the face lawfully

Started by GlompChomp, September 23, 2014, 09:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlompChomp

So when people think weapons and guns and the right to have them they think AMERICA FUCK YEAH or AMERICA FUCK NO.

Less people, maybe y'all are a big exception because this is a rosebud of genius, are aware of just how many other countries also put this into their law. Citizens can arm themselves without being viewed as criminals and can in certain situations use those weapons to kill people. Russia of course has this, Switzerland's pretty unique in that their military's a tiny professional force bolstered by mostly civilians with State issued assault rifles (and whatever else they want to buy). Israel's got a bizarre restrictive and permissive environment where a person is only allowed to own one pistol legally but is highly encouraged to do so. Yemen does not care what you want to buy short of missiles and WMDs and if you live there, you probably need something. Plenty of African countries are like this too hence the popular cliche "go to Somalia if you like to do xyz".

What is your opinion on weapon policy? Do you like weapons? Own any? Hate violence and love peace? This is a discussion thread.

In Discordianism generally violence is relegated as something Aneristic. So what does this make gun control? Essentially gun control requires forceful seizure of weapons and a high amount of control to keep weapons out of civilian hands. Is this also Aneristic?
widdly scuds

I stretch my penis in a saltwater toffee maker every Tuesday and Saturday.

The Johnny

Only niggers should be allowed to carry and use guns.

Or something.

:tldr2:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

GlompChomp

Quote from: The Johnny on September 23, 2014, 09:28:48 PM

Or something.

Fully agreed, arm all porchmonkeys and send them to space. Give the nuclear launch codes only to wetbacks. Mandatory circumcisions for whitey plus a 50% tax on farts.
widdly scuds

I stretch my penis in a saltwater toffee maker every Tuesday and Saturday.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: GlompChomp on September 24, 2014, 12:03:06 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on September 23, 2014, 09:28:48 PM

Or something.

Fully agreed, arm all porchmonkeys and send them to space. Give the nuclear launch codes only to wetbacks. Mandatory circumcisions for whitey plus a 50% tax on farts.

Keep on digging, hero.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

:hosrie:
Not even sure what this emote memes but it seems right.
Go hack to school kid and study up all night.

You are not worth more than two rhymes.  Sorry douche.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

von

Quote from: GlompChomp on September 23, 2014, 09:21:24 PM
So when people think weapons and guns and the right to have them they think AMERICA FUCK YEAH or AMERICA FUCK NO.

Less people, maybe y'all are a big exception because this is a rosebud of genius, are aware of just how many other countries also put this into their law. Citizens can arm themselves without being viewed as criminals and can in certain situations use those weapons to kill people. Russia of course has this, Switzerland's pretty unique in that their military's a tiny professional force bolstered by mostly civilians with State issued assault rifles (and whatever else they want to buy). Israel's got a bizarre restrictive and permissive environment where a person is only allowed to own one pistol legally but is highly encouraged to do so. Yemen does not care what you want to buy short of missiles and WMDs and if you live there, you probably need something. Plenty of African countries are like this too hence the popular cliche "go to Somalia if you like to do xyz".

What is your opinion on weapon policy? Do you like weapons? Own any? Hate violence and love peace? This is a discussion thread.

In Discordianism generally violence is relegated as something Aneristic. So what does this make gun control? Essentially gun control requires forceful seizure of weapons and a high amount of control to keep weapons out of civilian hands. Is this also Aneristic?

atf pls...