News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Discordia without Discordians

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 22, 2014, 04:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 23, 2014, 01:43:51 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 23, 2014, 01:41:34 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 23, 2014, 01:33:59 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 23, 2014, 01:32:38 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 23, 2014, 01:28:58 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 23, 2014, 01:22:05 AM
Don't you ever get sick of being right?

Not really.  I am an FMEA expert, after all.   :lulz:

I am not happy about what's happening to PD.  Hell, I helped found the place. 

But I would be lying through my teeth if I said there wasn't some serious schadenfreude going on, here.  Germans have the BEST emotions.

They do. My current favorite is weltschmerz.

What are the Germans doing with French emotions?  Must be an Alsace Lorraine thing.

It's this goddam century, Roger.

This century is fucking AWESOME.  It's just that it's still contaminated with shit from 20C.  Like these racist assholes, for example.

I don't think TDS types are even actually racist as much as sad, dysfunctional fools who are just that desperate for attention and have grandiose ideas of their actual impact on people. It's posturing to be the Most Transgressive Discordian in the room, because transgressive = discordian, see.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: N E T on September 24, 2014, 08:12:23 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 23, 2014, 01:43:51 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 23, 2014, 01:41:34 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 23, 2014, 01:33:59 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 23, 2014, 01:32:38 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 23, 2014, 01:28:58 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 23, 2014, 01:22:05 AM
Don't you ever get sick of being right?

Not really.  I am an FMEA expert, after all.   :lulz:

I am not happy about what's happening to PD.  Hell, I helped found the place. 

But I would be lying through my teeth if I said there wasn't some serious schadenfreude going on, here.  Germans have the BEST emotions.

They do. My current favorite is weltschmerz.

What are the Germans doing with French emotions?  Must be an Alsace Lorraine thing.

It's this goddam century, Roger.

This century is fucking AWESOME.  It's just that it's still contaminated with shit from 20C.  Like these racist assholes, for example.

I don't think TDS types are even actually racist as much as sad, dysfunctional fools who are just that desperate for attention and have grandiose ideas of their actual impact on people. It's posturing to be the Most Transgressive Discordian in the room, because transgressive = discordian, see.

Doesn't matter how they got there.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Dammit. I wrote a whole thing and it was thoughtful. There was even poetry and as I went to look something up in another window my phone ate it before I could post it.  :argh!:

TLDR enforced by TPTB:

I never have considered myself disco. More like Monotheist With Extras.
Discordianism is awesome, I would say essential, but not the whole thing for me.

Something artsy
Somthing artsy
About mistakes
Eris ate my homework

Roger you have influenced my thinking
By getting me to stop and think dammit.
You have my utmost respect for that. And I like you.
I sense an integrity rare and needed in the world.
Probably also what upsets you so deep down maybe.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

GlompChomp

Yknow what Reverend, I don't like you and you don't like me but I'm starting to agree with you, Discordianism is kind of impotent lately.

I think we all need to do a big online ritual to get the boogies out.
widdly scuds

I stretch my penis in a saltwater toffee maker every Tuesday and Saturday.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: GlompChomp on September 25, 2014, 06:57:43 AM
Yknow what Reverend, I don't like you and you don't like me but I'm starting to agree with you, Discordianism is kind of impotent lately.

SPEAKING AS AN ADMIN:

If I hadn't been previously outvoted (on a previous issue) by a 4-2 (1 abstaining) margin, I'd have gotten YOU out on your first post since your return.  The ritual is simple, and consists of hitting "admin", then "password", then "members" then "Ban member", then your name.

However, I have been told that blatant and virulent racism isn't a reason for banning someone.  So what would really fucking please me is for you to start spamming or image bombing, so I CAN get rid of your stupid ass (which, given the chance, I will do in a heartbeat)  Your racist shit isn't iconoclastic, it's TIRESOME and BORING and the very sight of your name in "new posts" depresses me.  You should leave.  Forever, this time.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Wizard Joseph

I've only been back a few days and speaking as a guy with no authority here whatsoever: walk away from PD.cm and get professional help. For your sake. I've managed to read only precious little of your spam, but it's really bad. Spoiled spam. Spoiled asshole. If you are genuine then you sadden me. Much more likely you are obsessed trying to shock and annoy for revenge or attention and need to step away and get healthy.
I'm not kidding here. Think it over please.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

GlompChomp

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 25, 2014, 02:17:00 PM

SPEAKING AS AN ADMIN:

If I hadn't been previously outvoted (on a previous issue) by a 4-2 (1 abstaining) margin, I'd have gotten YOU out on your first post since your return.  The ritual is simple, and consists of hitting "admin", then "password", then "members" then "Ban member", then your name.

However, I have been told that blatant and virulent racism isn't a reason for banning someone.  So what would really fucking please me is for you to start spamming or image bombing, so I CAN get rid of your stupid ass (which, given the chance, I will do in a heartbeat)  Your racist shit isn't iconoclastic, it's TIRESOME and BORING and the very sight of your name in "new posts" depresses me.  You should leave.  Forever, this time.

I'm here to stay, like herpes  :lulz:
widdly scuds

GlompChomp

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 25, 2014, 02:17:00 PM

SPEAKING AS AN ADMIN:

Look as far as I see it, there's no atoning with you folks. You would've enforced a zero tolerance policy anyway and can't seem to stop drinking your haterade  Frankly I'm not entirely impressed by the forum because of people such as yourself but now I'm staying mostly out of belligerence because as far as I can tell, you're WAY more upset by this than I am, so it's no skin off my back.
widdly scuds

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: GlompChomp on September 25, 2014, 05:18:30 PM
Look as far as I see it, there's no atoning with you folks.

You haven't even tried.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: GlompChomp on September 25, 2014, 05:14:34 PM

I'm here to stay, like herpes  :lulz:

I'm okay with that.  I'm a "give the people what they want" kinda guy.