News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

A Thwid, gá dom a fhios conas a rá "cait" as Gaeilge

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, October 05, 2014, 10:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

AND IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT A FETISH INVOLVING HAND PUPPETS  IS CALLED THIS WOULD BE ALSO BRILLIANT.

EK WAFFLR

I'm not quite sure, but I think Hand Puppet Fetish is filed under Agalmatophilia.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I want to know why Waffles knows what the fetish is called.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pope Pixie Pickle

i played cards against humanity and the topic of wanking with handpuppets came up.

Pope Pixie Pickle

as for the cats thing i was trying to work out what a hashtag translation of #catscatscats would be in as many languages as possible.

I got french and italian so far.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mangrove

Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on October 06, 2014, 01:30:04 AM
as for the cats thing i was trying to work out what a hashtag translation of #catscatscats would be in as many languages as possible.

trí cait  (3 cats)
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mangrove on October 07, 2014, 09:40:24 PM
Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on October 06, 2014, 01:30:04 AM

trí cait  (3 cats)

This is correct.

Cat, cats, cats.

Aon cat, dha cait, tri cait, ceathair cait....

The singular, cat, would sound like cudth. The plural cait would sounds like kutch.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

The pronunciations are approximate, incidentally. In the singular cat, both the c and the t are broad consonants (rough equivalent, hard consonants in English). Broad is pronounced against the teeth if possible, so "T" takes a "th" sound. With cait, the c remains broad but the t becomes slender (soft consonants in English), and is therefore pronounced with the tongue against the back gums, so that it makes a sort of ch sound. (as a side note, if c were slender, it would sound like a kyuh, with the yuh being very slight.)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Doktor Howl

It's like kutch, kutch, kutch kutch kutch
back in the day it's like kutch kutch kutch
I know what it takes to make things worse
And I know what it takes to put a fomorian in a hearse
Molon Lube

Cain

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Quotethe lure of theriac lay in its exotic, even repulsive content (viper's flesh as the main ingredient), its cost (exorbitant), and the supposed difficulty in preparing it. Arnald de Villanova, a professor at the medical school of Montpellier around 1300, wrote an entire treatise on the topic, "On the dosage of theriac medicines" (De dosi tyriacalium medicinarum).

Best I could do, looking for something that rhymed with/was phonetically similar to crack.