News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Shootings in Canada

Started by Suu, October 22, 2014, 05:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Television

Well, I guess we're not as much better than America as I'd thought. Not even a week after the fact and my grandfather(normally noted for his moderate political views) is calling for a dictatorship. In the States, it took 3,000 deaths and two months for people to brush uncomfortably close to that conclusion, but I guess for some Canadians a single death and a couple of days are good enough.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: President Television on October 24, 2014, 06:32:45 PM
Well, I guess we're not as much better than America as I'd thought. Not even a week after the fact and my grandfather(normally noted for his moderate political views) is calling for a dictatorship. In the States, it took 3,000 deaths and two months for people to brush uncomfortably close to that conclusion, but I guess for some Canadians a single death and a couple of days are good enough.

Humans are stupid.  It doesn't matter where they're from.

Humans are also geniuses.  It doesn't matter where they're from.
Molon Lube

President Television

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 24, 2014, 06:35:36 PM

Yeah. I guess Canada has a stronger exceptionalist streak than America ever did, and I bought into it as hard as anyone else. I know better now.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: President Television on October 24, 2014, 06:47:07 PM

Yeah. I guess Canada has a stronger exceptionalist streak than America ever did, and I bought into it as hard as anyone else. I know better now.

It's easy to feel superior living next to the United States.

At least until you start reading the Canadian history they didn't bother teaching anyone in high school.
Molon Lube

President Television

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 24, 2014, 06:49:25 PM
Quote from: President Television on October 24, 2014, 06:47:07 PM

It's easy to feel superior living next to the United States.

At least until you start reading the Canadian history they didn't bother teaching anyone in high school.

They covered residential schools. Can you give me some other examples? I think I should look into this.

Telarus

Quote from: Cain on October 24, 2014, 08:21:29 AM
Thanks.  His social media presence may exist in Arabic or on Arabic social media.

In other news:

- Canada has ruled out a direct link to ISIS.  Probably just as well.

- Stephen Harper hid in a cupboard for 15 minutes, apparently terrified terrorists would kill him (is anyone surprised? No).

- MPs took down flagpoles and turned them into spears, in case they needed to go hand-to-hand with any terrorists in the building (Canadian MPs confirmed as being tough enough to fight Putin one-on-one).

:lulz:
That reminds me of a story told around the SCA circles here in the North West. Some Mounties had invited the SCA heavy fighters to help them train with their riot gear (shields, etc). The heavies brought their rattan swords and hand-made shields.... and some-one brought a rattan pole-arm. The guy in charge of the Mountie exercise started giving that person a bunch of shit about it until another of the heavy fighters walked over to a nearby stop sign and pulled it out of the ground, swung it around a few times and then "readied" it at the line of Mounties.

So they let the guy use the padded spear.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!