News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Dear Internet: How to get your dick wet without raping anybody

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, October 31, 2014, 01:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bu☆ns on April 26, 2015, 05:12:52 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on November 14, 2014, 09:27:51 AM
Firstly, Nicely put Vex.
Secondly, QG - Nigels opening comment and Vex's reply might be Big words with a couple of tweaks? Have a look.

Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on November 13, 2014, 08:49:08 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on November 04, 2014, 05:40:10 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 04, 2014, 04:21:13 PM
NSFW: hxxp://www.ohjoysextoy.com/consent/

I know it's the wrong reaction but it's just so depressing that people still need this shit explaining to them. There's nothing remotely controversial or radical in the content, it's just a simple outline of how to act like a reasonable human. This shouldn't be a high expectation but once again, it appears to be.
Huh. I have the opposite reaction. I enjoy reading tips and guidelines that I wholeheartedly agree with, it makes me feel like I'm part of a group I actually want to be a part of.
Maybe this is a sense of community? I don't think I have experienced it enough to recognize it.

It is like reading a well written moralizing children's story (for example: The Tiffany Aching storyline in Pratchett's Disworld books). It doesn't feel like someone is telling me how to act or think, it feels more like someone is agreeing with me. And that is always a nice feeling.

Hmm.

I suspect my aversion may be somewhat on the fact that I do agree with it. Reading things I agree with makes me uncomfortable for many reasons, the first is that you tend to STOP THINKING. That's when all kind of bad shit can happen. If you're not questioning the material and source at all times the chances are you'll fuck up. The second is that when I'm reading shit that I agree with it just baffles me that there's apparently swathes of people that haven't got simple shit down yet. I'd have the same kind of reaction if the piece was about murder or something equally appalling. You just shouldn't have to explain to people by now that this shit is totally unacceptable.

I sincerely hope that this era is remembered with the due disdain and disgust it's earned.

There are some things that require no deliberation...eating, sleeping, not raping people....

You have an advantage from the get-go, simply because you see women as "people" and not "a commodity".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pergamos

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 25, 2015, 05:37:44 PM
I think you missed the most important one:

1. Treat her like a human being.

That is pretty crucial, it also helps to break that down into basic components for people who aren't really sure how to treat a human being that they would like to have sex with.

Meunster

You have an advantage from the get-go, simply because you see women as "people" and not "a commodity".
[/quote]

What if someone sees people as a commodity?
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Meunster on April 27, 2015, 12:12:48 AM

[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pergamos on April 26, 2015, 09:48:31 PM

That is pretty crucial, it also helps to break that down into basic components for people who aren't really sure how to treat a human being that they would like to have sex with.

Protip:

1. Treat them like a human being

2. Based on the above, figure out ways to let them know you find them attractive without being gross or pushy

Pergamos

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 27, 2015, 07:22:51 AM

Protip:

2. Based on the above, figure out ways to let them know you find them attractive without being gross or pushy

This is true, but also way too vague for the sort of socially awkward person who needs tips on how to pick up women.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pergamos on April 27, 2015, 09:41:46 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 27, 2015, 07:22:51 AM

Protip:

This is true, but also way too vague for the sort of socially awkward person who needs tips on how to pick up women.

Anyone who is too socially stunted to be able to follow the simple instruction to treat women like human beings and not be gross and pushy is probably someone who shouldn't breed.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There's no step-by-step. There's no One Great Tip That Will Make Her Say Yes. Women are just as variable as men are, and so the number one most important thing is TREAT THE OTHER PERSON LIKE A HUMAN BEING.

If you relate to them well, and like spending time with them, and they like spending time with you, you might just have a basis for asking a friend how you should go about asking them out. A friend, I say, because a friend will have some kind of clue about what your  love interest might like and what they might find completely unappealing or creepy.

If you don't have any friends, start there. You aren't ready for a mate if you can't even manage friendships.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And try for some platonic opposite-sex friendships in which you are actually a friend, and not some whiner who complains about being "friendzoned" or hopes that if you're a good enough friend you will be rewarded with sex.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 27, 2015, 07:07:17 AM
Quote from: Meunster on April 27, 2015, 12:12:48 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy
[/quote]

:lulz: :lulz: :horrormirth:

Remember when Consumers were known as "People"?

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

If one can't figure out how to treat women as human, one must start at zero.

Become a friend of a woman. A REAL friend. Someone who honestly respects and honors her, and not just because she's a woman. No expectations, no obligations. When you can consider her an equal, you're ready to take the next step.

Chelagoras The Boulder

For a while I was considering telling this female friend of mine that i had a crush on her for some time now, even going so far as to craft some kind of mushy poem or similar art object to convey my feelings. a male friend of mine who, to his credit, has had more experience in love than me, but also recently broke up with his girlfriend, urged me to reconsider. He said that going there would only make it weird and potentially ruin the shared club meetings she and I hang out at. Am currently considering a middle ground wherein i sit her down and tell her what her friendship has meant to me (boils down to: after my bouts with Tumblr SJWs blew up in my face, it was nice of her to remind me that feminist debates can be rational, productive, and even enjoyable), and letting the chips fall where they may.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Eater of Clowns

There is nothing actually wrong with expressing that you are interested in a person. People do it all the time, and if it doesn't work out they get over it. It's pretty normal to be attracted to friends. The problem occurs when that is the only thing you see in that person, and when a rejection leads to resentment.

I have been there, and I would be very much surprised if most people haven't. I remain in love with a friend, and we are both aware of it, and when we see one another we enjoy each others' company and talk about trivialities like any two people do.

Your results may vary. Your male friend's advice may be the best one, because as a third party he probably has a better assessment of the situation.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 28, 2015, 01:13:26 PM
There is nothing actually wrong with expressing that you are interested in a person. People do it all the time, and if it doesn't work out they get over it. It's pretty normal to be attracted to friends. The problem occurs when that is the only thing you see in that person, and when a rejection leads to resentment.

I have been there, and I would be very much surprised if most people haven't. I remain in love with a friend, and we are both aware of it, and when we see one another we enjoy each others' company and talk about trivialities like any two people do.

Your results may vary. Your male friend's advice may be the best one, because as a third party he probably has a better assessment of the situation.

Very common: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=36875.msg1359314#msg1359314

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 28, 2015, 01:23:15 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 28, 2015, 01:13:26 PM

Very common: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=36875.msg1359314#msg1359314

Yeah! I think by "they get over it" I really meant "it continues to burn for years and casual conversations feel like you're screaming and puking up your soul but it's a good feeling because it's messy and it reminds you that you're human."

I really did not convey that part properly.   :lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.