News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Dear Internet: How to get your dick wet without raping anybody

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, October 31, 2014, 01:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 28, 2015, 03:44:16 AM
If one can't figure out how to treat women as human, one must start at zero.

Become a friend of a woman. A REAL friend. Someone who honestly respects and honors her, and not just because she's a woman. No expectations, no obligations. When you can consider her an equal, you're ready to take the next step.

impossible, because patriarchy.
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 28, 2015, 01:58:34 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 28, 2015, 01:23:15 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 28, 2015, 01:13:26 PM
There is nothing actually wrong with expressing that you are interested in a person. People do it all the time, and if it doesn't work out they get over it. It's pretty normal to be attracted to friends. The problem occurs when that is the only thing you see in that person, and when a rejection leads to resentment.

I have been there, and I would be very much surprised if most people haven't. I remain in love with a friend, and we are both aware of it, and when we see one another we enjoy each others' company and talk about trivialities like any two people do.

Your results may vary. Your male friend's advice may be the best one, because as a third party he probably has a better assessment of the situation.

Very common: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=36875.msg1359314#msg1359314

Yeah! I think by "they get over it" I really meant "it continues to burn for years and casual conversations feel like you're screaming and puking up your soul but it's a good feeling because it's messy and it reminds you that you're human."

I really did not convey that part properly.   :lulz:

A lot of my friendships have an undercurrent of "I'll always be kinda in love with you". Some are exes, some are people I started to date but it didn't go, some are people I've never dated and never will.

Romantic love is not exclusive to romantic relationships.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

huh, never really thought about it like that Nigel. That's an interesting idea. During high school i tended to have that fucked up mentality of trying to turn every female friend i had into a girlfriend, so when i realized how messed up that was I compensated by i guess trying to put a strict delineation between females friends and romantic prospects, which is probably counterproductive, since some of the best relationships come from friendships. Your concept provides a good middle ground.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

hooplala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM2RUVnTlvs

"Football isn't about rape!  It's about violently dominating anyone that stands between you and what you want."
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 29, 2015, 07:14:19 AM
There is nothing actually wrong with expressing that you are interested in a person. People do it all the time, and if it doesn't work out they get over it. It's pretty normal to be attracted to friends. The problem occurs when that is the only thing you see in that person, and when a rejection leads to resentment.

I have been there, and I would be very much surprised if most people haven't. I remain in love with a friend, and we are both aware of it, and when we see one another we enjoy each others' company and talk about trivialities like any two people do.

Your results may vary. Your male friend's advice may be the best one, because as a third party he probably has a better assessment of the situation.

Very common: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=36875.msg1359314#msg1359314

Yeah! I think by "they get over it" I really meant "it continues to burn for years and casual conversations feel like you're screaming and puking up your soul but it's a good feeling because it's messy and it reminds you that you're human."

A lot of my friendships have an undercurrent of "I'll always be kinda in love with you". Some are exes, some are people I started to date but it didn't go, some are people I've never dated and never will.

Yeah... yeah. That. All of this.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 29, 2015, 07:14:19 AM

Whole buncha this.  I'm devoted to my wife, but there's like a dozen other women I love.
Molon Lube