News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Just in time for Halloween!

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 31, 2014, 10:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So I happened upon this website, and this story in particular, and it's, um. Special. Really special. And it disturbed me a lot, although possibly not in the ways the author intended.

Please read it.

Please.

Please.

:lulz:

hxxp://www.thevoicebeforethevoid.net/north-dakota-devils-lake-2013-october-by-the-voice-before-the-void/
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Here is a teaser, if you are hell-bent on not reading this (and I wouldn't blame you if that was the case):

QuoteI awoke unnaturally, suddenly, opening my eyes, looking straight up. At the left side of my field of vision was a disembodied face.

I had been sleeping on my back on the sofa in the front room, where I usually sleep. I swivelled my eyes to look fully at the face. It was black and white: the planes of the face shone with white light; the lines of the face were dread-black. The pupils of the eyes were black and too large, almost but not quite filling the eye-slits, so that but small triangles of white shone at either side of the pupils. The nose was large and sharp and jutting, almost like a snout. The teeth were black and pointed, and the interior of the throat shone white behind them.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

I plan to read this on Monday, in lieu of working.
Molon Lube

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Reginald Ret

This is really hard to read.
Maybe I should read it in the voice of Shatner.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Reginald Ret

I liked the monologue-ing against an empty kitchen but the ending sucked.

This is a much better story about the horrors of thinking meat.
http://www.terrybisson.com/page6/page6.html

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ragret on November 02, 2014, 10:41:15 AM
This is really hard to read.
Maybe I should read it in the voice of Shatner.

I know, right?

And I could almost taste the author's sense of their own cleverness when they used "sardony" as a word. TWICE. :crankey:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

To be honest, the concept isn't so bad, even though it's horrendously overwrought; the idea that no non-corporeal horror is as terrifying as the fact that biological organisms eat each other in order to survive. The whole pigeon-killing ritual, though, was hilariously self-consciously occulty and the writing... well, it reminded me of Delgotha, so there's that. :lol: