News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

What is the Principia's "John 3:16"?

Started by Rev. Mondo Anvil, November 04, 2014, 11:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Mondo Anvil

I'm looking for one page or one quote from the Principia that sums up Discordianism, like John 3:16 for Christianity. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" sums up Christianity in a nutshell. Do we have any quotes like that?  :?
Hail Eris!

"If Internet Exlorer can be brave enough to ask you if you want to make it your default browser, you're brave enough to ask that girl out." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1863

"Seems legit. Sounds Lincoln enough." -- Adolf Hitler, 1933

"Can confirm, was there." -- Adam Weishaupt, 1791

"Lorem ipsum dolor est." -- Seneca, 33

"That's not even real Latin." -- Friedrich Nietzsche, 1880

"Nietzsche? What are you doing here? You still owe me 10 bucks." -- Yahweh, 1880

Faust

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

or

A conclusion is simply where you stopped thinking.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

"Nothing is true, everything is on fire."

and

"Money talks."
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

"I've shat myself.  I'm comfortable with this."
Molon Lube

LMNO

"...And on other days, it just rains."

"Everything fell apart, and no one did much of anything."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Eater of Clowns

"Black sheep are still sheep." or "Think for yourself, schmuck."

Or as is amply demonstrated in this thread, "Ask 5 Discordians a question and get 7 different answers."
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

"King Kong died for your sins" is closest in literal meaning
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

POFP

Faust's lines are for the people looking for a quick, general understanding. However, to fully understand Discordianism, a few moments of intense analysis of Doktor Howl's lines may enlighten you. In-fact, you can understand Discordianism with Faust's lines. But you can demonstrate it for others by repeating Doktor Howl's lines to yourself, over and over again.  :lulz:

To become a Discordian leader, repeat Doktor Howl's lines while trying to lick your elbow.  :lulz:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

POFP

And then there's this: 

"Wipe thine ass with what is written
and grin like a ninny at what is Spoken. Take
thine refuge with thine wine in the Nothing
behind Everything, as you hurry along the Path."

EDIT:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

LMNO

"This book is a mirror: When a monkey looks in, no philosopher looks out."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"One thing led to another, and pretty soon it started to rain".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."