News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

HAY ALTY, YOU SHOULD LEAVE ALASKA.

Started by Salty, November 09, 2014, 11:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

(Hint: it is because you are ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE.)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 10, 2014, 02:10:16 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 10, 2014, 02:07:38 PM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 10, 2014, 02:04:22 PM

And Howl, you supported her. You backed her up. Isn't that kind of against your own principles?

Not necessarily.  3rd time a snake bites you, you can infer that it is unsafe to cuddle with them.

Yeah I'm not going to talk to you until you pull your head out of your ass and start talking like a reasonable person.

Okay.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 10, 2014, 02:11:33 PM
(Hint: it is because you are ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE.)

I gather a time machine is involved here.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 10, 2014, 02:11:25 PM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 10, 2014, 02:10:55 PM
He's treating you like an asshole?

Gonna give you one guess why that is.

For the last 12-14 months.

He's been pretty much absent for the last 12-14 months. Unless you've been having PM conversations.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 10, 2014, 02:12:17 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 10, 2014, 02:11:25 PM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 10, 2014, 02:10:55 PM
He's treating you like an asshole?

Gonna give you one guess why that is.

For the last 12-14 months.

He's been pretty much absent for the last 12-14 months. Unless you've been having PM conversations.

FB, for the most part, as I mentioned, primarily 10-14 months ago, but some more recently.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I've stated my case.  I don't support Suu advocating he do anything stupid, but neither do I intend on apologizing to him for my own statements.  I will not, however, continue talking to him or about him or causing him any other form of grief.

If this is a deal breaker for anyone here, please let me know.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 10, 2014, 02:16:55 PM
I've stated my case.  I don't support Suu advocating he do anything stupid, but neither do I intend on apologizing to him for my own statements.  I will not, however, continue talking to him or about him or causing him any other form of grief.

If this is a deal breaker for anyone here, please let me know.

Dude, I don't think it's a deal breaker but really, go back and re-read your interaction with him in Open Bar.

He didn't actually say anything to you at all until you jumped on his case, and then when he did engage you it was to apologize. Look, you were obviously upset last night. I know you and Alty have had your differences but here, right now in this case, I think you do owe him an apology, and you certainly shouldn't write him off for responding to you when you specifically attacked him.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 10, 2014, 02:21:23 PM

He didn't actually say anything to you at all until you jumped on his case, and then when he did engage you it was to apologize.

His first apology was backhanded as fuck.  His second one, a few posts later, followed him saying that the reason he doesn't post here is that he knows I'd do something awful, no matter what.

Well, at least he had the "BUT" before the apology in that one.  Which is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than when HE spent a month and a half shitting on ME for a bungled apology.

And if all of this makes me an asshole, then fine.  I'm an asshole.

But, as some famous jerk once said, "There is some shit I will not eat".
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, there's a bit more here than meets the eye, which I didn't spell out because I didn't think I had to.  I can go into gory details - at least to some degree - if it's important to anyone.

But the short and skinny is, I don't fucking like the guy, and I don't feel that I did anything out of line.

One person (Nigel) has said that she's not speaking to me until I change my mind (and let me tell you how awesome the timing is on THAT).  I ain't gonna change my fucking mind.  No way, no how. 
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Gory details, then I'm out of here.

About a year ago, Alty and I had an argument, brought on by him once again announcing he was leaving.

I apologized and bungled it.  He went the fuck off, ignoring a follow up apology that was just this side of "groveling", and when he got done carping, he blocked me.

Then about 4 months later, he unblocks me and reestablishes contact.  Says we're cool.  Less than a day later, he asks if he, the kid, and the ex can bunk with us for a while, because he might be able to escape Alaska, but he'd need time to get established.  This would have been a great hardship on me, both in terms of living space and finances, but I just said "Yeah, get your asses down here."

About a week later, it turns out that his escape wasn't going to happen, for reasons that were never made clear.  But then, at the same time, he ALSO stopped responding to me on FB, text, or phone.  Until this exchange.  Once I was of no potential use, I wasn't worth talking to.

So, yanno, I don't feel the need to apologize to him, or to apologize to anyone else for not apologizing to him.  He can fuck right off.  If this means people aren't going to talk to me or think I'm the worst human being since Ronald fucking Reagan, I guess I'll just have to adjust.

Somewhere else.
Molon Lube

Reginald Ret

I WISH THERE WAS MORE YELLING AND FIGHTING IN THIS THREAD INSTEAD OF SO MUCH NO U! OR I'M GONNA TAKE MAH TOYS AND GO HOME!.

Seriously: Actually letting your frustation out instead of trying to take the moral high ground is really good for the situation.
The worst that could happen is not so different from what is happening now except everyone will understand the thoughts of everyone else a little better (though probably won't agree with them) and I get to be entertained by some creative cursing.
It is a win/win situation!1

1(both wins are for me, get your own.)
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

You've been here for six years, and you consider that good advice?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on November 10, 2014, 06:24:51 PM
I WISH THERE WAS MORE YELLING AND FIGHTING IN THIS THREAD INSTEAD OF SO MUCH NO U! OR I'M GONNA TAKE MAH TOYS AND GO HOME!.

Seriously: Actually letting your frustation out instead of trying to take the moral high ground is really good for the situation.
The worst that could happen is not so different from what is happening now except everyone will understand the thoughts of everyone else a little better (though probably won't agree with them) and I get to be entertained by some creative cursing.
It is a win/win situation!1

1(both wins are for me, get your own.)

Sorry, I have no voice.  What I feel is not valid. 

And although I never said anyone had to agree with me, I am told that "not being spoken to" is a suitable form of extortion, unless and until I lick the arse of that little fucking miseryguts user from way up North.

There's nothing more to say here.  There's nothing more to say at all.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 10, 2014, 06:27:54 PM
You've been here for six years, and you consider that good advice?

Ridiculous.  The best way to manage these things is to shit all over someone and refuse to listen to their side of the fucking story.  That works wonders.

On the other hand, I have in fact observed once again that I AM INCAPABLE OF LEARNING.  I am a fucking SUCKER.
Molon Lube