News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

Going on tour in two weeks. FUN TIMES!
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 07, 2015, 10:58:06 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 07, 2015, 09:26:55 PM
Dok Howl, I thought you might like this link my neuropharmacology professor posted: http://titus-a.blogspot.com/2007/09/ambien-cookbook.html

:lulz:

Says nothing about driving while unconscious.  I feel ripped off.

We did discuss it in class, though! If it makes you feel any better.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: N E T on January 08, 2015, 12:08:00 AM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 07, 2015, 04:13:36 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 04:34:16 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 06, 2015, 04:10:49 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 03:59:34 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 06, 2015, 02:07:44 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 05:22:43 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 06, 2015, 03:03:48 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 12:49:34 AM
I think I'm kind of in love. Didn't really expect it, but what the hell.

Yeah?

Old man on the side.

I guess after two and a half years, why not?

If it's who I think it is, then I feel better about the whole thing.  For what it's worth.

Aw. :) Yeah, it's that guy.

Not that me and love are ever a good idea, but hell, he's about the nicest person there is. I think the main thing is that he's the first guy I think I've ever dated who just flat-out accepts me for who I am, and doesn't try to shoehorn me into being what he wishes I was.

He also seems to be resistant to the Nigel Effect.

I hadn't thought of that, but it's true!

You know the number of times we've had an argument or clashed over anything in the last 2.5 years? Zero times. He is not needy or clingy or a head-tripper. He doesn't whine or wish I spent more time with him.

Similar state of affairs with the lady I've been hanging out with. Seven months or so now, and nary a whisper of a grrr. No head trips. No weird emotional weirdness from either one of use. Hell...7 months in and we're still "hanging out," though feels are certainly beginning to develop.

I absolutely don't know how to navigate waters this calm (not that I know how to navigate stormy waters well...just more used to them). Confused as all hell. And by "confused" I mean, faced with a situation that is in no way conflicted, troublesome, or confusing in any way. Confused by my definition of confused, I think.

Calm water has powerful undercurrents that quietly pull you to the riverbed to gently drown among heaps of beer cans.

Just saying.

Make it beer bottles...*good* beer bottles, and I'm all over that.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Demolition Squid

Today I spent a great deal of time trying to format the CV of an 'excellent communicator'. Said communicator is so excellent, he used the word 'excellent' six times in the first paragraph of his CV.

He makes in a day approximately what I make in a month.

I had to laugh.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Cain

Could be worse. 

If this place were inspected by Ofsted tomorrow, it would be shut down.  It's a fucking shambles here.  The building itself is pretty shit, too...looks like someone hasn't refurbished it since the 1960s.

I'm not quitting, but I will be looking for other positions, once my degree is over with.

Demolition Squid

Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

hooplala

Found out today that I have staggeringly low levels of testosterone. This could be the cause of any number of the problems I've been mostly ignoring for a long time. Here's hoping some testosterone will cure me...

And luckily I don't have to worry about the added testosterone making me go bald...  :horrormirth:
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on January 08, 2015, 09:30:21 PM
Found out today that I have staggeringly low levels of testosterone. This could be the cause of any number of the problems I've been mostly ignoring for a long time. Here's hoping some testosterone will cure me...

And luckily I don't have to worry about the added testosterone making me go bald...  :horrormirth:

Oh wow! Let us know how it goes. How long before you should start seeing effects?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 08, 2015, 06:18:56 PM
Could be worse. 

If this place were inspected by Ofsted tomorrow, it would be shut down.  It's a fucking shambles here.  The building itself is pretty shit, too...looks like someone hasn't refurbished it since the 1960s.

I'm not quitting, but I will be looking for other positions, once my degree is over with.

Every description of every school you've worked in terrifies me, Cain. Every single one just sounds awful.

hooplala

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 08, 2015, 11:05:50 PM

Oh wow! Let us know how it goes. How long before you should start seeing effects?

Not certain yet. I found out by being a preliminary subject in a study which isn't yet funded. They were nice enough to give me the results anyway.

Which leads me to a question... am I screwing over the people hoping to do the study if I just go to my doctor with the results, and ask for treatment?

I'm sure the study is worthwhile, but it may never get funded, and my priority is sort of myself in this whole scenario. I have this high hope that if I can get this treated I might be able to overcome some of the afflictions I've been living with, but I don't want to screw over science.

Thoughts?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on January 08, 2015, 11:24:05 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 08, 2015, 11:05:50 PM

Not certain yet. I found out by being a preliminary subject in a study which isn't yet funded. They were nice enough to give me the results anyway.

Which leads me to a question... am I screwing over the people hoping to do the study if I just go to my doctor with the results, and ask for treatment?

I'm sure the study is worthwhile, but it may never get funded, and my priority is sort of myself in this whole scenario. I have this high hope that if I can get this treated I might be able to overcome some of the afflictions I've been living with, but I don't want to screw over science.

Thoughts?

You were a preliminary subject, which means they aren't expecting anyone to hold off on medical treatment on the off chance that they get funding. The only thing that I'd recommend is having your doctor retest you.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Finding myself in one of my depressive moods again. Fell totally to pieces today after coming home from work emotionally exhausted and yelling at my dad( who just got home from from having back surgery) why applying to Costco with a Bachelors degree seems less than appealing to me. Seriously, last thing i needed today was being reminded that even though i am busting my ass to not fail at a job that i feel like really makes a difference in the world, pushing shopping carts around would be a huge step up in my station. The fact that this is provably true, and not my dad just being a dick, somehow makes this sting all the more.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 08, 2015, 11:07:48 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 08, 2015, 06:18:56 PM
Could be worse. 

Every description of every school you've worked in terrifies me, Cain. Every single one just sounds awful.

Switzerland (2nd time around) wasnt so bad.  Except the shitty attitude towards staff.  If they had given me two days off a week, I likely would have stayed.  The other two however...yeah, I'm thinking is this a mix of being in London, and of being relatively new colleges.

Speaking of which, I just applied to another school in Switzerland.  This one is seriously high quality, though.  As in, "formal dress code for dinner" quality.  We'll see.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

I just scored my rape apologist badge for calling out a guy in the FB Occupy PDX group who dropped dox he hadn't vetted in any way, or even attempted to understand. He posted dude's entry on the sex offender registry (solicitation of a minor), and then another 68 pages of rap sheet from another state.

Thing is, the 68 page rap sheet included offenses dude somehow committed in North Carolina while simultaneously incarcerated in Florida, including a truancy charge from 2009 (when dude was in his 40's), and indecent liberties with a minor from the 80's (when dude, himself, was a minor). Mixed in among these, were several assault on a woman charges.

At first I was the only one questioning the OP. This illustrated how I was contributing to #RapeCulture, according to him, and was a full-blown rape apologist according to several others. The idea that kept getting pushed on me is that since rapists violate the dignity of their victims (again...solicitation of a minor), being extra careful before dropping dox on someone on the registry is not zero-tolerance enough.

Then other people found the glaring discrepancies above, and when they started getting pointed out, OP's response was "WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING A CHILD FUCKER." And that since he probably fucked other minors than the one he was arrested for soliciting in a chatroom sting, there was no real violation in also exposing the multiple assaults on women (that he hadn't committed).

I...there's a thing here...and it's not a good thing.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool