News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dildo Argentino

That's like a fully formed soundbite! Can I use it? :)

It's still interesting to watch how it plays out in the street. Also, the eagle has some pretty precise notions about what it does not want to happen here, but I don't think they care very much as long as those things don't happen. Which means there will be a power vacuum and an opportunity for some devoted and truly patriotic band of unfortunates to step up. Doubt that it will happen, though. A pity. For a long time I've been saying that everyone with the sense to fix this little clusterfuck of a country has far better things to do.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Cain

Today's modding adventure - death by physics.

To be precise, I killed a dragon in mid-flight.  Unfortunately, it's flight trajectory took it directly into the path of my character.

Who was stood atop a tower.  Well, until the dragon hit, anyway. 

I really wish I had been recording at that precise moment.  It was pretty hilarious.

Doktor Howl

Ya know what's hilarious?

This is what US police look like now:

:lulz: :lulz:
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Alright, so I've got the whole of October to catch up on.

:lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Hahaha.  Good thing America isn't like those third world dictatorships where a brutal and wildly out of control military runs everything.

Dildo Argentino

Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Cain

To be fair though, those appear to be riot police.  Who you expect to have some sort of clunking, space marine-esque look.

In America, those are the police they send for unsubstantiated minor drug allegations and copyright infringement.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 28, 2014, 10:36:10 AM
To be fair though, those appear to be riot police.  Who you expect to have some sort of clunking, space marine-esque look.

In America, those are the police they send for unsubstantiated minor drug allegations and copyright infringement.

SWAT are particularly insane in Tucson, which has an otherwise acceptable police force.
Molon Lube

Cain

I can believe it.  They were responsible for the Jose Guerena case, possibly the most famous egregious and unrequired use of force by a SWAT team out there.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 27, 2014, 04:24:23 PM
Ya know what's hilarious?

This is what US police look like now:

:lulz: :lulz:

Someone tell me again how this isn't a police state...  :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 28, 2014, 01:07:49 PM
I can believe it.  They were responsible for the Jose Guerena case, possibly the most famous egregious and unrequired use of force by a SWAT team out there.

Yep.  Non-frangible ammunition for the whole neighborhood!
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on October 28, 2014, 02:00:30 PM

Someone tell me again how this isn't a police state...  :horrormirth:

On the plus side, they're incompetent.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I just dropped a box of sockets down the stairs and accidentally wrote a Nickleback song.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Along those lines some recent local bullshit.

http://m.theweek.com/speedreads/index/270753/speedreads-watch-a-tiny-wisconsin-town-justify-using-an-armored-vehicle-to-collect-86k-from-an-old-man

there's a news video at the bottom worth seeing for the anchor's eyebrows alone but look at the sheriff in the vid. He's a true believer of his own shit.   :boring:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Totally off-topic, but I had to leave the honors building in search of a working stapler. The brain trust at Nerd Village may have a collective average IQ of 160, yet is unable to penetrate the deep technology that is reloading a stapler.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."