OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on December 08, 2014, 04:20:14 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 05, 2014, 09:02:59 PM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on December 05, 2014, 05:02:06 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 05, 2014, 04:48:57 PM
In this case, though, I think it's probably more of a "we don't want to transfer records because it makes it too easy for clients to go to a different dentist" thing.

It's a pretty bad move, though, because HIPAA is one of those things that it's really not a good idea to violate if most of your money comes from a contract with the state.

Fucking with HIPAA in general is a bad idea. That piece of legislation has been known to level whole cities for failure to use approved screen guards.

On the ongoing saga of Who Do My X-rays Belong To, today when I explained that they are actually breaking the law, the receptionist asked me "how does it violate HIPAA?"

And then I name-dropped my attorney.

Oregon Medical Board Rules, as well:

QuoteOREGON ADMINISTRATIVE RULES 847-012-000

Patient's Access to Medical Records

(1) Licensees of the Oregon Medical Board must make protected health information in the medical record available to the patient or the patient's representative upon their request, to inspect and obtain a copy of protected health information about the individual, except as provided by law and this rule. The patient may request all or part of the record. A summary may substitute for the actual record only if the patient agrees to the substitution. Board licensees are encouraged to use the written authorization form provided by ORS 192.566.

The only exceptions are if there is pending litigation (which changes the process, not necessarily the access), or information that would be harmful to the health of the patient if disclosed (ie psychotherapy notes).

Oh and here's another fun fact. Same rule:

Quote(8) Requests for medical records must be complied with within a reasonable amount of time not to exceed 30 days from the receipt of the request.

(9) Violation of this rule will result in a $195 fine and may be cause for further disciplinary action by the Board.

Thanks!

Are dentists overseen by the Oregon Medical Board? My plan is to file one complaint with a different oversight agency for every week they fail to comply.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 08, 2014, 04:27:52 PM
In this case, though, I think it's probably more of a "we don't want to transfer records because it makes it too easy for clients to go to a different dentist" thing.

It's a pretty bad move, though, because HIPAA is one of those things that it's really not a good idea to violate if most of your money comes from a contract with the state.

Fucking with HIPAA in general is a bad idea. That piece of legislation has been known to level whole cities for failure to use approved screen guards.

On the ongoing saga of Who Do My X-rays Belong To, today when I explained that they are actually breaking the law, the receptionist asked me "how does it violate HIPAA?"

(1) Licensees of the Oregon Medical Board must make protected health information in the medical record available to the patient or the patient's representative upon their request, to inspect and obtain a copy of protected health information about the individual, except as provided by law and this rule. The patient may request all or part of the record. A summary may substitute for the actual record only if the patient agrees to the substitution. Board licensees are encouraged to use the written authorization form provided by ORS 192.566.

The only exceptions are if there is pending litigation (which changes the process, not necessarily the access), or information that would be harmful to the health of the patient if disclosed (ie psychotherapy notes).

Quote(8) Requests for medical records must be complied with within a reasonable amount of time not to exceed 30 days from the receipt of the request.

(9) Violation of this rule will result in a $195 fine and may be cause for further disciplinary action by the Board.

Thanks!

Are dentists overseen by the Oregon Medical Board? My plan is to file one complaint with a different oversight agency for every week they fail to comply.

Yep. Dentists are explicitly listed. And x-rays are mentioned in the rule as well.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on December 08, 2014, 04:40:10 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 08, 2014, 04:27:52 PM

Thanks!

Yep. Dentists are explicitly listed. And x-rays are mentioned in the rule as well.

EXCELLENT. Thanks!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The 30 days to comply ship sailed yesterday... I sent my original request on November 7th. So hopefully they will find this to be a far larger headache than they ever anticipated. :)

Doktor Howl

I am not the prettiest person in the room.
I am not a genius.
I am not the richest person on Earth.
I am not the...

...I have nothing.  NOTHING!
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So far I have the US Department of Health & Human Services, the Oregon Health Authority, the Oregon Medical Board, and the Oregon Board of Dentistry.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 08, 2014, 05:45:12 PM
I am not a genius.
I am not the...

Whaaat?

LMNO

I am not a genius.
I am not the...

You still have your Hate™.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 08, 2014, 06:25:28 PM
I am not a genius.
I am not the...

You still have your Hate™.

:walken:

I also have my wife and kids.  I was just being emo because it's been a beautiful day, and I don't want any excess hubris to attract the ire of the Fuckup Fairy.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

For some reason the fact that finals start tomorrow and I have a shit ton of studying to do seems to have raised the bat-signal to everyone I know to call, text, email, or ask me a favor. Today specifically.

Ben Shapiro

Banned from United Atheists Headquarters on facebook.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Metal Bear on December 08, 2014, 09:50:11 PM
Banned from United Atheists Headquarters on facebook.

Saw THAT coming a mile away.

You should try my technique...Walk in, be REASONABLE, accidentally start HUGE ARGUMENTS, and then protest said arguments REASONABLY until everyone wants to kill you.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There is some kind of constant shrill shrieking coming from two houses down.

It does not sound like shrieks of terror. No. It sounds like the shrieks of a victorious 4-year-old who is holding her enemy's bloody head toward the heavens.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 08, 2014, 11:45:14 PM

It does not sound like shrieks of terror. No. It sounds like the shrieks of a victorious 4-year-old who is holding her enemy's bloody head toward the heavens.

I support that sort of thing.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 08, 2014, 11:53:26 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 08, 2014, 11:45:14 PM

I support that sort of thing.

I have made note of the location of my potential young ally.