News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 19, 2014, 02:32:47 PM
Got this in my email:

QuoteThe Holding Others Accountable Public Workshop™
Phoenix Public Workshop - Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel

:lulz:

Please tell me you are attending. Claim it as some kind of work jaunt.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 19, 2014, 04:32:34 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 19, 2014, 02:32:47 PM
Got this in my email:

QuoteThe Holding Others Accountable Public Workshop™
Phoenix Public Workshop - Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel

Please tell me you are attending. Claim it as some kind of work jaunt.

I'd love to, but I have work in LA that week.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Driver just greeted me with "Oh My God, good. You speak English."

:argh!:
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on December 19, 2014, 04:52:09 PM

"Hello? Yeah I need a new driver. No, the car is fine. The driver just seems to be hanging from a telephone pole by his own entrails. I know. Funny way to spend a lunch break."
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 19, 2014, 04:59:59 PM

"Hello? Yeah I need a new driver. No, the car is fine. The driver just seems to be hanging from a telephone pole by his own entrails. I know. Funny way to spend a lunch break."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 19, 2014, 07:22:36 AM
I've just realised now I'm moving back to London, I can far more effectively troll OKCupid and Craigslist, because I'll always have the potential to meet people in real time and do the same.

I am prepared for epic and terrible dating adventures.

Ohhhh my god.

I can't even imagine dating in London. It... just no.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

In Portland?

That kind of raises the question of how the HELL did you get a taxicab in Portland?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 19, 2014, 05:21:59 PM

In Portland?

That kind of raises the question of how the HELL did you get a taxicab in Portland?

Hah. No. At work. Truck driver. At most, 25% of the people I deal with are native English speakers. Kind of wondering why anyone with that kind of attitude would choose to be in this profession. Hell, I wonder why anyone who ONLY speaks one language would be in this profession. Most of our in-house drivers are Ukranian. A couple of them I communicate with in Spanish because it's easier for both of us.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on December 19, 2014, 06:04:45 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 19, 2014, 05:21:59 PM

In Portland?

Hah. No. At work. Truck driver. At most, 25% of the people I deal with are native English speakers. Kind of wondering why anyone with that kind of attitude would choose to be in this profession. Hell, I wonder why anyone who ONLY speaks one language would be in this profession. Most of our in-house drivers are Ukranian. A couple of them I communicate with in Spanish because it's easier for both of us.

Ohhhh that makes way more sense.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So today:

Tried to buy candy canes at Safeway (one of the major grocery store chains in Portland). They didn't have any. Not sold out... just didn't have any. They DID have a Halloween candy display and Halloween costumes labeled "great stocking stuffers!" though.

Currently there is some guy on Facebook trying to engage me in a theological debate. I can tell he thinks he's brilliant. The conversation so far:

QuoteG: You have never shared your perspective on things with me? Why?

N: What perspective, on what things?
14 hours ago

in general, you know like life and stuff.

N: That's a good question. I mostly think about art and human behavior. Some people find that very boring.

G: I like art too. Social engineering too. What social engineering does is reenforce genetic engineering.

N: Hmmm I kinda think that social engineering, for the most part, is an  illusion.

G: what do you mean?

N: I mean, I definitely think that with the right leverage points it's possible to shift social behaviors, but I am skeptical of the impact on genetics, which are more complicated than  most people know. What do you mean by genetic engineering? My two primary areas of interest are decision-making and epigenetics.

G: I look at it like this Creator vs Creation.  So there's a natural concept and a factory concept. Creation is basically a process of genetic engineering in a very slow moderate way with evolution being punctuated by cataclysmic events, which bring about major changes. At one stage of the game Creation had made it clear that it was not acting as a dictator or master, but simply as a facilitator allowing human beings to evolve in a manner which we would call "free", which is linked to the word "tree". The first plant with ongoing memory.

The people responded at one stage of the game by demanding they be given out right control. That was probably done in the context of giving birth where it became clear that having children was beneficial and helpful to the existing population but the complaint was always that it came with a lot of pain. Especially during the birthing process. By asking for direct control, what occurred was a process of giving birth was orchestrated by religious people.

That would mean that families were given pre-packaged babies. Those babies were made in a factory called a monastery or convent. Deep within the convent because it was kept secret. Then handed over under the name "foundlings" to the families who were interested in growing their numbers and being assisted financially by the religious people. That way the religious people could genetically engineer babies who were very task specific in their life either to fit into the ranks of "the masters" or the ranks of "the slaves", was the majority of the activity that was done.

While other individuals were cast in the imagery of boogie men, such as mass murderers and serial rapists who could be used by the Media to scare the population by remaining within the ranks they were made to occupy.

Yeahh I know it's a lot of words

N: Sorry, just got home. We do the Solstice thing so it's busy this time of year. I don't believe in a Creator. And I'm a biologist. So mostly that read like a lot of theology, and I'm just not qualified to address it in any meaningful way.

G: What do you think I mean when I say Creator?

N: Something with a will. The whole dichotomy sets up competing wills. Creator/Creation.

G: The word Creator suggests  a person.

N: Well, a will, sure

G: Creation is a process, not a person.

N: Sure. You said "creator" and "creation", and set up a tension between the two. That's not my model, I can't speak to it.

G: yeah, creator hijacked creation and called itself(themselves) God

N: k. I don't get it, but it's your thing so that's cool.

G: Its very difficult for people to get because people aren't taught this. Its a different way of looking at things. It took me a years to comprehend it fully. and i'm still learning. Have you ever  read the story etidorpha?

N: Nope. So you seem to be saying that beings evolved and became self-aware, inventing themselves as God. Or something like that. Not exactly a novel concept

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh FFS, this nutjob:

QuoteOver the period of approximately 130,000B.C.to 80,000 B.C., (about 50,000 years)humans lived as they were made. Unfortunately, for most of them, what ended up becoming males were in one place, and those that ended up being female, were in a different place separated by the Mediterranean sea and the mountains of Europe. It wasn't until about 80,000 B.C., where they came together. When they came together and had sexual relations, they began to understand the process through which genetic engineering "could evolve". What evolved is EVILUTION, which basically means the taking away of the intended process of Creation and transferring it to a group of people who claimed the rights of Creation and called itself God, which is linked to the word Dog backwards(dogs and bitches).

They worked out the process between 80,000 B.C. and 60,000 B.C. by which they could make babies and understand what was happening and what role the male played and what role the female played. The babies born that were male went with the Neanderthalers and the babies born that were female went with the women who were later called Amazons from North Africa. Until they fought they were learning, but as they learned and developed archives, one group and then the other felt that they were the principal partner in the deal and they didn't need the other ones assistance if they in fact decided to genetically engineer their own.   

So, the males basically, sacrificed females to steal their eggs while the females gathered sperm from the males and put it in some kind of lab. Each one had some of each of the other and went back to doing their own thing for a period of a couple thousand years. At one stage of the game, the male side of things(neanderthalers) lost a large number of people in a landslide of snow called an avalanche.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow. I ended up blocking him. Jerd Guillame-Sam. Convinced that he has some deep truth that my mind is just not open enough to accept. Fucking nutbag.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Fantastic. Where did you find that guy?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 20, 2014, 03:13:03 AM
Fantastic. Where did you find that guy?

Pretty sure he came out of Facebook TDS.

I kind of loved how he escalated from "you've never told me about your worldview" to "YOU JUST DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND". He never wanted a dialogue, he was just proselytizing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fuck, for some reason Facebook won't let me see the rest of the conversation. But this is how it ended:

G: already crossed

N: Because I'm not into decoding anyone's half-assed attempts at allegory. I'm  not a fiction editor, and I don't care about your ideas unless they are eloquent and compelling. I have a family to raise and other shit to do. Don't waste my time. Sorry if that hurts your feels

G: I don't think you would even know what you were looking at.

N: You tell yourself whatever you need to

G: I don't mean that to hurt your feelings

N: Your shit just ain't clever, sorry.

G: I'm not trying to be clever

N: Yeah, you're trying to be deep. I give you two fingers of depth. It's just... not. It's some kiddie shit. You can't even explain it because you've got your head so far up your ass of convinced it's deep. You're like those guys who call themselves philosophers.

G: You tell yourself whatever you need to.

N: "Oh, you just wouldn't understand". You can't even come up with your own one-liners, you're that unoriginal.

G: Your mind is already made up

N: Wow. Boring.

G: You really don't want to know