News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Me and my questions

Started by Outis So-Tsi Gemsirt, November 22, 2014, 08:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Hi, new person.

Okay, first of all, you can ignore everything said so far in this thread. Every last one of these people is a known apostate and is in fact only here because they heard about the prize money for the Best Discordian award ten years ago and they're still looking for it.

I, on the other hand, am a certified and ordained Discordian Minister. And I can tell you that being a Discordian is a long and arduous journey full of pitfalls, false starts, bad information, hokey TV reruns, boring jokes, and yes, lots and lots of drugs.

The first thing you should do if you really want to succeed on this forum or anywhere in life is to find an opinion somewhere and belligerently argue against it. It doesn't matter if you're an expert or not. Everyone can be an expert in anything. All it takes is sincere belief and thick skin.

Second, you should do lots of drugs and tell us about your experiences on them. Try to use common words like "colorful" and "trippy". Don't connect your experience to the real world in any way, though. We are nothing if not disinterested in current events and ideas.

Third, and this is probably the most important objective, is to constantly talk in meaningless riddles and koans. Phrase every post as a haiku of you can manage it. Whenever you see someone being too serious, remind them of the Discordian imperative to be silly all the time.

By doing these things you will learn very quickly what Discordianism is all about, I promise.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

LMNO

Q. G. Pennyworth

Vex has the Holies bad lately  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: austin03 on March 01, 2017, 05:36:18 AM
I am just giving my suggestion for those who have  any question regard to their project or assignment,they can get some help to online resources who provide services like online assignment help in UK and others for every students.

Oooh look, spam!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 01, 2017, 04:40:12 PM
I am just giving my suggestion for those who have  any question regard to their project or assignment,they can get some help to online resources who provide services like online assignment help in UK and others for every students.

Oooh look, spam!

I'm reasonably certain that this is another "bot". They've all said SPAG in their profiles including the  one claiming to be an NSA bot.

My guess is they're fishing for IP addresses with the links. Just a wild, unsupported guess though.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Faust

Link updated to be more relevant, video found courtesy of cram.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 01, 2017, 04:51:31 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 01, 2017, 04:40:12 PM

Oooh look, spam!

I'm reasonably certain that this is another "bot". They've all said SPAG in their profiles including the  one claiming to be an NSA bot.

My guess is they're fishing for IP addresses with the links. Just a wild, unsupported guess though.

SPAG is the title given to all new users.

But yes, this is a bot.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on March 01, 2017, 05:08:35 PM
Link updated to be more relevant, video found courtesy of cram.

That is not only vastly superior and highly relevant, but I also had never seen the whole thing, so I didn't know John Barrymore was involved. This is amazing!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 01, 2017, 03:39:03 PM
Vex has the bad Holies bad lately  :lulz:

Ftfy.

I keep telling you people to wash your hands after petting Roger but you never listen.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm still watching/listening to the video at the link. This is truly one of the most incredible works of art I've ever experienced. My esteem for John Barrymore is immense -- I had no idea. The man is a genius.

MMIX

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on March 01, 2017, 02:29:44 PM
Hi, new person.

Okay, first of all, you can ignore everything said so far in this thread. Every last one of these people is a known apostate and is in fact only here because they heard about the prize money for the Best Discordian award ten years ago and they're still looking for it.

I, on the other hand, am a certified and ordained Discordian Minister. And I can tell you that being a Discordian is a long and arduous journey full of pitfalls, false starts, bad information, hokey TV reruns, boring jokes, and yes, lots and lots of drugs.

The first thing you should do if you really want to succeed on this forum or anywhere in life is to find an opinion somewhere and belligerently argue against it. It doesn't matter if you're an expert or not. Everyone can be an expert in anything. All it takes is sincere belief and thick skin.

Second, you should do lots of drugs and tell us about your experiences on them. Try to use common words like "colorful" and "trippy". Don't connect your experience to the real world in any way, though. We are nothing if not disinterested in current events and ideas.

Third, and this is probably the most important objective, is to constantly talk in meaningless riddles and koans. Phrase every post as a haiku of you can manage it. Whenever you see someone being too serious, remind them of the Discordian imperative to be silly all the time.

By doing these things you will learn very quickly what Discordianism is all about, I promise.

Or get you elected 45th Pres.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 01, 2017, 07:23:01 PM
I'm still watching/listening to the video at the link. This is truly one of the most incredible works of art I've ever experienced. My esteem for John Barrymore is immense -- I had no idea. The man is a genius.

I'm 11 minutes in.

This video is too powerful, and yet I must persevere.

Faust

It's really something special.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

It's worth mentioning that Vex got thrown out of Discordianism after The Incident, and we only let him couch-surf here so he won't ugly up the park.  He's a cad and a bounder, and everyone who knows him wants to dip him and meth and toss him into The Bashful Bandit in Tucson.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 01, 2017, 07:20:34 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 01, 2017, 03:39:03 PM
Vex has the bad Holies bad lately  :lulz:

Ftfy.

I keep telling you people to wash your hands after petting Roger but you never listen.

I am the bidpedal incarnation of Corporal Forbus.  Nobody ever listens.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.