News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Me and my questions

Started by Outis So-Tsi Gemsirt, November 22, 2014, 08:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 03, 2017, 03:56:56 AM
It's worth mentioning that Vex got thrown out of Discordianism after The Incident, and we only let him couch-surf here so he won't ugly up the park.  He's a cad and a bounder, and everyone who knows him wants to dip him and meth and toss him into The Bashful Bandit in Tucson.

This is exactly the kind of unrepentant apostasy to which I was earlier referring. But such disrespect for one's spiritual elders is to be expected from Discordians, and from the particular school of for-profit Discordianism to which the Good Reverend subscribes, especially. Roger was once a lieutenant in the Generalissimo's army, but he was court-martialled for "conduct unbecoming an officer" involving an entire platoon full of enemy soldiers, and sentenced to a lifetime of preaching to the deaf on the Internet. Just so you know where he's coming from.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on March 03, 2017, 04:09:22 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 03, 2017, 03:56:56 AM
It's worth mentioning that Vex got thrown out of Discordianism after The Incident, and we only let him couch-surf here so he won't ugly up the park.  He's a cad and a bounder, and everyone who knows him wants to dip him and meth and toss him into The Bashful Bandit in Tucson.

This is exactly the kind of unrepentant apostasy to which I was earlier referring. But such disrespect for one's spiritual elders is to be expected from Discordians, and from the particular school of for-profit Discordianism to which the Good Reverend subscribes, especially. Roger was once a lieutenant in the Generalissimo's army, but he was court-martialled for "conduct unbecoming an officer" involving an entire platoon full of enemy soldiers, and sentenced to a lifetime of preaching to the deaf on the Internet. Just so you know where he's coming from.

I was totally set up.  I didn't do anything the Generalissimo didn't do before breakfast every morning. 

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

Quote from: Outis So-Tsi Gemsirt on November 22, 2014, 08:31:04 PM
I hope someone here can help me and look forward to becoming a true Discordian.

get the fuck out of here with that