News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Lovecraft for Squids: Scifi Religion Creation

Started by QueenThera, December 17, 2014, 09:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

You may have it already.  It's on our first CD.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 22, 2014, 07:29:09 PM
You may have it already.  It's on our first CD.

Then I have it.

I don't really look at sleeves.  I just jam CDs in and then drive badly.
Molon Lube

LMNO

It's the one with the soaring, half-time epic chorus, "It's a message from a cone/that was left so long ago/no one knows, where it goes".

Demolition Squid

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 22, 2014, 07:01:19 PM
Incidentally, this is the song "Cones" by the Frost Heaves.

I thought I'd heard your first album, but apparently not! This is freaking awesome!

Will definitely see some sharing in the near future. :mittens:
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

S

Cephalopods lack proprioception entirely, if I'm not mistaken. Behaviorally, it's very interesting.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: S on December 24, 2014, 02:57:14 AM
Cephalopods lack proprioception entirely, if I'm not mistaken. Behaviorally, it's very interesting.

:cn:

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 24, 2014, 04:31:49 AM

:cn:

QG is right.

I'm going to need your sources on that being interesting.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You are not only mistaken, but you are so very mistaken that I am wondering if you know what proprioception means.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 24, 2014, 04:51:42 PM

You are not only mistaken, but you are so very mistaken that I am wondering if you know what proprioception means.

That wouldn't even make sense for an animal to lack proprioception, especially one with a multitude of limbs.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Don Coyote on December 24, 2014, 08:12:42 PM

That wouldn't even make sense for an animal to lack proprioception, especially one with a multitude of limbs.

It's kind of a hilarious thought, though. :lol: But yeah, I don't think any animals lack proprioception, even flatworms. It's kind of a necessary element for that whole having-a-body-that-moves thing.

QueenThera

Sorry for not replying for a while. Busy with Christmas and other wild trains of thought! I do plan to watch that video, and discuss things. But first...

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 24, 2014, 08:56:44 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on December 24, 2014, 08:12:42 PM

It's kind of a hilarious thought, though. :lol: But yeah, I don't think any animals lack proprioception, even flatworms. It's kind of a necessary element for that whole having-a-body-that-moves thing.
Cephalopods might not all be the same, but it is true that octopi have poor proprioception. In fact, there's a few interesting articles floating around about how their tentacles have minds of their own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octopus#Senses My citation, for what it's worth.
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle