News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

Discordian Ads

Started by Rev. Mondo Anvil, January 01, 2015, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 13, 2015, 04:03:10 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 13, 2015, 03:53:58 AM
Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on January 13, 2015, 03:44:34 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 12, 2015, 09:30:31 PM
I can do video editing. I mostly do propaganda, though, so someone's going to have to come up with a concept for the commercial first.

A serious commercial should reflect the product and appeal to a certain type of person. I think the book could be summed up with the stereotypical wise little old Asian man reading it briefly, perhaps at breakfast, and squirting tea out of his nose maybe going "hot, hot!" Then being ok with it and going back to the amused laughing he was about to do.

Then the audience may wonder what could be THAT funny.

And you have a little old Asian man you can hire to do that?

Doesn't everyone?

I had to send mine in for repairs.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 13, 2015, 04:12:55 AM
I can do video editing. I mostly do propaganda, though, so someone's going to have to come up with a concept for the commercial first.

A serious commercial should reflect the product and appeal to a certain type of person. I think the book could be summed up with the stereotypical wise little old Asian man reading it briefly, perhaps at breakfast, and squirting tea out of his nose maybe going "hot, hot!" Then being ok with it and going back to the amused laughing he was about to do.

Doesn't everyone?

I had to send mine in for repairs.

You should see if you can trade in for a Mr. Miagi model. I've heard they're tougher than the generics.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Doesn't everyone?

George Takai?
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 13, 2015, 02:18:59 PM

Doesn't everyone?

George Takai?

Holy crap! He'd be ideal. I wonder if he might like the book enough to endorse, it if not engage in spittake comedy.

I'm out of stock on little old Asian men. I just assumed that you guys probably had a supply... my bad.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on January 13, 2015, 02:44:07 PM

Doesn't everyone?

George Takai?

Holy crap! He'd be ideal. I wonder if he might like the book enough to endorse, it if not engage in spittake comedy.

I'm out of stock on little old Asian men. I just assumed that you guys probably had a supply... my bad.

Um.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 13, 2015, 02:57:55 PM

Doesn't everyone?

George Takai?

Um.

Just kicking an idea about. I know nothing I've said has been very realistic. I'm not even trying to be. Sometimes from a wild and unworkable proposal something is found or inspired that could work. Or not.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on January 13, 2015, 04:05:18 PM

Doesn't everyone?

George Takai?

Um.

Just kicking an idea about. I know nothing I've said has been very realistic. I'm not even trying to be. Sometimes from a wild and unworkable proposal something is found or inspired that could work. Or not.

The George Takai thing was a jab at your idea that an Asian person having a sense of humor is in itself funny.

Just saying.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have an Asian daughter, if that would do in a pinch. We could just put a gray wig on her, I hear all white people think all Asians look the same anyway.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 14, 2015, 03:17:33 AM
I have an Asian daughter, if that would do in a pinch. We could just put a gray wig on her, I hear all white people think all Asians look the same anyway.

You know very well Asiangirls only exist as sex objects, Nigel.  :horrormirth:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 14, 2015, 04:30:18 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 14, 2015, 03:17:33 AM

You know very well Asiangirls only exist as sex objects, Nigel.  :horrormirth:

QuoteThis might sound weird, but I've totally always had a thing for Asian girls
\

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 13, 2015, 06:28:05 PM
Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on January 13, 2015, 04:05:18 PM

Doesn't everyone?

George Takai?

Um.

The George Takai thing was a jab at your idea that an Asian person having a sense of humor is in itself funny.

Just saying.

You know when you posted this I was... perturbed. That was not 'my idea'. I kept at my work and thought it over.

I generated the image in my mind and was thinking about how the Chao Te Ching had the appearance of and parody title from an Asian document. I was appealing to stereotype.. I thought lightly.

It finally hit me that you were not being in the least inflammatory with me or accusative. You were just right. I may not have thought of it that way but others surely would, even if only to stir up some shit. The idea in that light was much further off base than I had realized when I blurted it out.

I still have yet to understand the Takei connection, clearly went right over my head.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

He's Asian. And old. And funny.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on January 14, 2015, 12:46:49 PM

More to the point, he laughs all the time.  He's one of my idols in that respect, second only to Angry British Guy.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 14, 2015, 03:23:45 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on January 14, 2015, 12:46:49 PM

More to the point, he laughs all the time.  He's one of my idols in that respect, second only to Angry British Guy.

I like a person who can laugh things off too. I've gotten to the point where I easily get over myself and laugh off my own stupidity or unfortunate circumstances.  My problem is when other people screw my day up for me. I'm working on that.

I've decided that before I even approach this subject again I'm going to  reread the book a couple times. Think I need some good medicine.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl